#14: So Cold

Well, I'm finally back! For anyone who cares, my exams went very well.

Seems this day was a bit longer and I managed to finish the chapter today! (yayyy)

Anyway, this one is a request by SnowyEveSweetHearts. I have put the message they sent to me at the end of the chapter because it contains spoilers for the following story.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it!

Published on June 2019

...

Midgard, 2008, a couple of months before the rise of Iron Man

Midgard. What a different planet. Its people were so many, and they lived so little. What life did they get to live in 100 years? They had no superpowers, no magic, nothing –yet they still managed to live.

Loki walked down Rivington Street on Manhattan, looking around. Mortals were passing by, and nobody paid attention to the god that was among them. They did not know, however, that he was a god; dressed in a long black Midgardian coat and a suit, he looked nothing like one. A smirk broke out in his lips when that thought came to his mind. How unaware they were; he could make a fuss so effortlessly, and they would not have the means to stop him.

But no, not today. Loki had not come for this. He had come to calm his fucking self down. To relax a little. Odin had succeeded to make him mad again; how unusual. Anyway, environmental modification seemed to work well for stress.

A loud scream made him spin himself around. A man with an automatic weapon was... just there and shoot everywhere. Fuck. And I have come here to relax.

He made a couple of steps towards the terrorist and was about to do something when suddenly a woman burst out from a corner. She was wearing black clothes and a black hood which covered her face. She ran towards the terrorist and twitched her one hand towards him. A dim blue light appeared in her fingers, and the next split second the weapon in the man's hands broke in two. Loki knit his eyebrows. Alright then, let's help.

Loki used his magic to alter his clothes into a black cloak, whose hood concealed his face, and ran next to her.

"I've got your back", he murmured and conjured metal chains that levitated towards the terrorist and clenched around him.

The woman stood immobile for a moment and then ran away. Why should they always run away, Loki thought to himself as he made himself invisible and followed her.

The woman walked in between the crowd with quick steps without knowing Loki was right behind her. She rushed in an alley and, after walking a few meters, she laid her back against the wall and pulled down her hood.

"You really are getting wasted here", Loki said, removing the magic spell that made him invisible.

The woman turned her head towards him abruptly, her pupils dilated.

"I helped you round there", said Loki and approached her, "What's your name?"

"Y/N", said the woman hesitantly.

"How did you possess your powers? You were born having them or..."

"I used to be a regular person, but then... I do not know, I was told an accident happened and... I do not remember anything, I just know that in that accident I lost everyone", said Y/N and wiped away the tears that welled up, "What about you?" she asked then.