#22: Loving And Fighting

Hey! How are you guys doing? Hope you're doing well.

Anyway, this part is a request by kalemuffin. The plot, as described by the requester, is the following:

"I was wondering if you could do a student!Reader X professor!Loki? It is based on a university (AU) where she's an engineering student, and he's a professor of English/History (So it is perfectly legal, as she's 18+ and he isn't her professor). Could you base it when they're already dating (maybe living together) and she's feeling unsure about why he's with her when he could be with someone more 'grown-up' than her, who's more sociable than her?"

So, here it is! Enjoy! ♥

Publisher on March 2020

...

Loki opened the door of the apartment, using his keys, and got in. He shut the door behind him and placed his bag on the sofa.

"I'm home", he called out loudly but tiredly and walked to the kitchen.

Y/N turned around and smiled when he walked near her and wrapped his arm around her shoulders. He gave her a small kiss on the cheek, then leaned and kissed her lips softly.

"Have you been here for long?" he asked, his arm still around her shoulder, and then he smiled as he looked at the spot on the stove, where Y/N was preparing food.

"I finished my lessons about two hours ago. Take away the fifteen minutes I was on the bus... I thought I could make a little something before starting with homework".

"How sweet of you -no sarcasm intended!" Loki commented, "Anyway, I would have come sooner, but there were some students who had questions, and then I had to do some paperwork... Sometimes I regret I became an English professor -it can become really annoying at times..."

"Well, I'll ensure I don't become an engineering professor, so that I won't have the same problem".

"Hmm..." Loki hummed, "I should have applied for the physics department when I finished high-school, I just was bored to study more, and English was easier".

"Really? Are you sure that physics was simply not your forte?"

"Y/N, I nailed all the subjects, kids used to call me a geek because of that".

"Ooh, if only they saw that 'geek' now..." Y/N mouthed.

"If only..." Loki muttered and puller Y/N into a kiss.

They kissed for a few seconds, then Y/N pushed him away gently, causing their lips to part.

"Alright, if you want to eat actual food and not a burnt mass, I'll have to concentrate on cooking now".

Loki grimaced and took his hand off her shoulder.

"Okay then, I'm gonna have a shower now, if you don't mind", he murmured and kissed her cheek before walking away and out of the kitchen.

Y/N smirked as she turned her face towards the pot and focused on preparing dinner. Soon, she heard the sound of the shower. Oh, Loki has so great. So nice. Too good for her. She was now in the second year of her engineering studies at the university and still remembered the first time she met him.

~Flashback~

Y/N was running in the campus quickly, holding a few books in her hands. Oh, it was the first day of university, and she managed to get lost! She was going to be late! She mentally cursed herself once again. Where the heck was her class?