#18: The Show Must Go On

Hello again!

Yeah, another part named after a "Queen" song. Eheheh 😜

Anyway, this is a request by JustMeWoo (sorry for taking me so long, you've sent the request since June, I know). The request is:

"The reader is Thor's daughter who's 21 years old. Since they (Loki and Thor) are not biological brothers, the reader has developed a crush on Loki, but Thor tells her every so often that he's her uncle. The reader thinks Loki doesn't have feelings for her but she's wrong because he does. But knowing things won't end well he lets the reader know he's not interested at all."

You get it, I guess, I think you have been warned about anything you might not like *cough* pseudo-incestuous love *cough* so, yeah, if it's not your cup of tea then don't read it.

I'm not taking things in this story to extreme levels, no actual pseudo-incest exists here.

Anyway, enjoy.

Published on January 2020

...

If there is any truth to be told about the happenings on Y/N's twenty-first birthday, it's just that they were entirely unexpected.

She had planned nothing to celebrate that day. Even though her friends and family claimed to love her, she hadn't received any calls from any of them for "happy birthday" wishes. This fact had obviously made her feel a little gloomy.

She wished she was at work –this way, she would keep her mind elsewhere– but her workplace was under reconstruction, and therefore, Y/N didn't work for the rest of the week.

She sighed as she sat on her couch and turned her TV on. She didn't care that much that her friends forgot her birthday; what saddened more than anything was the fact that not even her father had made a single call. And people thought she was lucky to be the daughter of the mighty Thor. In her eyes, right then, he was a father who had forgotten his daughter's birthday. But, even if he hadn't remembered, she hoped at least that Loki would.

Her relationship with her father's adopted brother had always been strange. He never let her call him 'uncle' –he hated it. As a result of this, she never saw him as an uncle. In her eyes, he was one of the dearest family friends. And then became more than this.

She hadn't told him. When she was still in high school, she began having a crush on him, having feelings that she had never experienced before. Her thoughts were conflicted; one moment she would think 'No, this is wrong; he is your uncle –not blood-related, but still an uncle!' and the next moment her mind would tell her 'Loki's not a real uncle, so there's nothing wrong with your feelings'.

All the crumpled thoughts and conflicted feelings were in her mind all the time –he was in her mind all the time. How would touching his body feel like? How would his lips taste? Would his touch send shivers down her spine like in her dreams?

The doorbell rang, snapping her back to reality. She stood up and walked towards the door. Opening it, she couldn't hold back the exclamation of surprise and joy.

"Dad!" she called happily and embraced Thor tight, "I thought you forgot!"

"By all means, I didn't!" replied the God of Thunder when they released the hug, "How could I ever forget my girl's birthday? I called a few friends of yours, and your uncle is on his way".