#16: It's A Hard Life - Part II

Hello, people!

So, here's the second part of the previous chapter (#15: It's A Hard Life - Part I). If you haven't already read it, go check it first. This story will also have a third (and last) part because it became longer than I expected.

Trigger warnings are the same: blackmailing, death threats, rape/ sexual assault, self-harming, mention of suicide.

Note: There are many ships in this world, so I apologise if Loki's interaction with Wanda, Bucky, Thor and Sam in this and the next chapter feels strange to you in case you ship him with any of these characters --because, in this story, they're all platonic.

I'm sorry this took me so long.

Punished on August 2019

...

The entire time Loki and Fred were on the mission went on like this. Loki worked like a dog all day and then had to put himself through Fred's sadistic sexual desires at night.

It was so difficult and painful. The mission was tough on its own, and all this added extra weight on Loki's shoulders.

Being assaulted every single night.

Lying to Y/N, telling her everything was okay when it couldn't get any worse.

He just wanted everything to stop, but he did not know how to make it stop. He had never felt so ashamed in his life. So low. So dirty.

He had lost his sleep. It was never easy for him to drift off, but now it was nearly impossible. He just lay there, in the bed, motionless, almost like a dead body, trembling. The first nights, tears streamed down his cheeks every time, but then it stopped. He had no tears to shed anymore. He just felt as though he had hit rock bottom, but then the floor gave out.

That night was the last of their mission. It hurt, like every time. Loki stared frontwards without actually seeing anything at all. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes in a desperate attempt to calm himself down and get some sleep. When he didn't make it, he opened his eyes again and then looked at the time in his smartphone, which was on the nightstand.

4:18 AM.

Damn. Loki sat up and covered his face with his palm. Just relax. Eventually, he stood up, got in the bathroom and shut the door behind him.

He propped himself on the sink and stared at his reflection in the mirror. Damn, he looked so tired and desperate. And scared. So scared. The dark circles under his eyes were more prominent than any other time –sign that something was really wrong.

Fred had overdone it this time. He had hurt the God of Mischief more than any other time. There were marks all over Loki's body; they had never been so many before. Bloody psychopath.

Loki turned on the faucet and let the water flow into the bathtub. Then, he got in and sat down, pulling his knees close to his chest.

"So... here we are".

Loki lifted his head and gazed at the (dressed –unlike him) clone of himself he had unconsciously created. The clone ran his fingers through his hair and then leaned his shoulder against the wall.

"What are we doing now?"

Loki lowered his head at the sound of the question.

"I don't know", he mumbled then, "Any ideas?"

"Kill the bastard, maybe?"

"You're not helping me", the God of Mischief responded, rolling his eyes.

"I am you, technically. I can't tell you something you haven't already thought. But you know that, don't you?"