#9: In The Snow

Hello again, you beautiful people! Well, this is not that special, but it's good I think. I hope you enjoy it!

Published on March 2019

...

It was supposed to be a one-hour drive. Yet, the layer of snow was getting thicker and thicker, and Loki was forced to drive slowly so the car wouldn't stick in it. Alas, it was snowing and this seemed to be inevitable.

"How much time?" sounded the sleepy voice of Y/N, who was sitting in the passenger seat.

"Huh?"

"How much time we need to arrive home?"

"I have no idea", replied Loki, with his eyes fixed on the road.

And he really had no idea. It was getting harder and harder to drive in the frozen road. One wrong turn of the wheel and the car would simply slip off the road and they would get smashed into little bloody pieces.

When they left their apartment at noon to visit his brother Thor, the weather was not that bad. It was cold, but the sky looked clear. How could he have guessed? How could anyone of them have guessed, even the weather forecast had said that snow wouldn't come until the next day's morning. Loki made a mental note not to trust the weather forecasts again.

It only needed a speed hump and a wrong turn and they were stuck in the snow. Loki put his foot down hard on the accelerator, mumbling in despair.

"No, no, no, no... Don't do that to me now, you stupid machine..." The God of Mischief tried desperately to make the car move, yet it was impossible, "Damnit!" he yelled, hitting the brake and giving up trying.

He hit the steering wheel with his hands and pressed his head against the headrest.

"What are we doing now?" he mumbled, looking at Y/N.

"I'll call Thor", said Y/N and brought out her phone.

She dialled the God of Thunder's number and her ear touched the phone receiver. Alas, be it because of the bad weather, be it because of the altitude, there was no signal in the area. No matter how many times she tried, nothing happened.

"Come", said Loki, opening the car door and getting out of the vehicle.

Y/N imitated him, wrapping her coat tightly around her and shivering.

"We must shove the car out of the way, so if a snowplough comes, we won't be on its way... It seems we'll probably have to spend our night here".

Y/N helped him pull the car to one edge of the road. Luckily, Loki had a blanket in the car for the case of an emergency and the air conditioning was working perfectly so they wouldn't die from coldness at least. Actually, Loki couldn't die from coldness anyways, so this was true mostly for Y/N.

Once they entered the car, Loki turned on the air conditioning and they both cuddled in the backseat, wrapped in the blanket. Y/N was sitting on Loki's lap, who was resting with his back against the left door.

"So, what if it keeps snowing tomorrow?" asked Y/N.

"They'll send a snowplough to clear snow from the road", Loki replied, pressing his head against the window.

"What if they don't?"

"They will. Now let's sleep, it's late", snapped the God of Mischief.

Loki shut down the air conditioning so it wouldn't spend energy, and turned off the light. They lay in the backseat, trying to get as comfortable as they could. Y/N rested her back against Loki's chest and his strong arms wrapped around her, warmly and protectively.