#26: Shelter From The Storm

Hello!

So, I've written so many chapters that I've begun running out of ideas for an author's note. Anyway, the song up there is "Shelter" by FINNEAS, because he's my new obsession, and also the title is inspired by the song.

I had said in the previous chapter that I'm preparing a big imagine, but I haven't finished it yet, so I posted this in order to not let you wait.

Enjoy this story of mine.

Trigger warnings: domestic/spousal abuse

Published on October 2020
...

Y/N tilted her head backwards, draining her glass from the remains of her drink. Then she picked the bottle which was placed on the table she was sitting at and refilled the glass.

"Tough day?"

She was startled by the male voice that seemed to be addressed to her. A moment later, she saw a man sitting opposite her. He had long black hair and beautiful blue-green eyes, while his thin lips formed a sincere, compassionate smile. He was wearing long black jeans, a dark green shirt, a black leather jacket and a pair of black -and probably expensive- shoes.

"They are a gift, by the way", he said, obviously having noticed that she was staring at his feet more than she should, "The shoes. My brother and Bucky -a friend- gathered the money and bought for my birthday last year. I could never buy them with my salary".

"Oh", she said, shaking her head, "I'm sorry. Just like you said, tough day".

"It's..." the word fine didn't seem to be the right one to escape from his lips, "understandable", he finally said, and this was the moment she noticed he was holding a drink, clinging his fingers against the glass.

Y/N smiled dimly -for some reason she liked this guy. She shook her head as she looked at him.

"I'm Y/N", she said.

"Loki", he replied, and she saw a glimpse of surprise in his eyes as if he had expected her to tell him to leave, "Pleasure to meet you".

"Feeling's mutual", she replied, "I'm not a person who goes to bars, really, so it's good to talk to someone when I find myself in one".

Loki sighed as he brought his drink to his lips and took a sip. He noticed that, when Y/N's forearm touched the table, she hissed in pain.

"You alright?" he asked.

"Yeah, yeah, I just..." she stuttered and looked away awkwardly.

"So", Loki mouthed then, after shooting a glance at her forearm and then looking back at her face, "We're in a bar. As far as I know, people go to bars in order to have fun and meet new individuals. And, since we both have failed miserably on the first part, the sanest thing to do would be investing in the second one".

"Indeed", Υ/Ν commented.

"And, for the record, I'm not a serial killer or something like that -I have better things to do than killing people as a hobby. I just want to have a sincere talk with you, now that I'm given a chance, and considering the fact that I'm terrible at making friends, that's a good choice", he said and raised his eyebrow when he saw Y/N's expression, "You're barely blinking", he pointed out then, "Was that too... weird or creepy or...? "

"Yeah, it was a little... weird. I've just never been given such a... lecture by a stranger before", she laughed, shaking her head and taking a sip of her drink, "But, yeah, it's fine, I believe you".