#34: You're Not What You've Done - Epilogue

Hello.

Before anyone freaks out, the word 'epilogue' in the title means this chapter is the epilogue of the STORY, not the entire book. I'm not stopping writing Loki imagines any time soon, folks.

Anyway, this is an epilogic continuation of the previous chapter, kindly requested by Danger_rose2012.

I wish you enjoy reading this! ♥

Published on November 2021
...

Months passed. Days and weeks went by, turning moments into memories and making older memories fuzzier and fuzzier. Yet Loki knew that no matter how many months or years would pass, that he would never forget the glee in Y/N's eyes and the excitement in her voice when he gave her the mechanical wings.

HYDRA wasn't haunting Y/N's brain anymore, and Thanos' ghost was long gone from Loki's dreams. Bucky was free, too, and he and Loki soon became good friends. The two former Winter Soldiers and the former prince of Asgard had left their past crimes behind, had fought their grief and became Avengers. Loki thought as he walked up the stairs to the compound's roof that he had never been happier before than he was now. After Bucky had almost forced him to admit his feelings to Y/N, the former Asgardian royalty and the angel had been together. Nothing in his life was the same as before –whether that meant his years of pain or the centuries of his life in Asgard before it all even began– and there was no promise things wouldn't change. Their life as part of the 'world's mightiest heroes' was unpredictable, yet there was something about that unpredictability that fascinated him. He was the God of Mischief, after all, and there was nothing more mundane than predictability for someone with that title.

The Avengers team had expanded, as well, gaining more members from Earth and beyond. Stephen Strange, with whom Loki had briefly interacted and had disliked him highly, was not as bad as he had initially thought. Carol Danvers was cocky at times, but wasn't Tony Stark –wasn't Loki himself as well?– cocky too? And Scott Lang –what a funny little man he was, always there to make a good joke, give advice so simple it should be granted or maybe save the day. Many more had joined the team, and even though Loki wasn't friends with them all, he was surprised that he got along with them well. He was even more surprised, however, by how he had been accepted by the public. There were, of course, some people who would hate him, call him a murderer and a liar, but doesn't hate come to everyone, no matter what they do wrong or whether they have done anything wrong at all?

Loki opened the door to the roof and walked past the threshold, wrapping his jacket tighter around his body as a reflex to the wind even though he wasn't particularly cold. Looking up at the sky, he couldn't hold back his smile when his gaze met Y/N's flying form. He lifted his hand and waved, hoping she would notice him, but she didn't. Oh, how graceful she looked, how angelic!

"Hey, Birdie," he called out, finally drawing Y/N's attention.

Even from afar, Loki could swear he saw her lips curve slightly upwards when she saw him before she tucked her mechanical wings and dived earthwards like a bird in flight and then spread her wings and in front of him.

"I've told you not to call me like that," she said as she approached him, yet the smile on her face only became wider.

"And I've told you to give Stark your wings to fix that small malfunction they have, yet here you are flying again," he said, raising his eyebrows, and even though what he said was serious, he couldn't bring himself to have a straight face.

"It's nothing to worry about –it almost doesn't affect flying at all!" Y/N defended herself, still with that charming smile.

"Yet, Y/N, yet. What if it does, sometime? I don't want you to become a fallen angel."

Y/N rolled her eyes at his pun and laughed. "Oh, you shouldn't have read that Bible! This pun will haunt me forever."

Loki was unreligious but had read any religious text he could lay his hands on, including the Bible ('Oh dear, angels in here are truly badass, aren't they? Almost as badass as you, babe'), the Koran, Buddhist scriptures, and even old Norse poems ('What funny kids they think I have! Y/N, have you ever read this one? Most fascinating thing I have come across in the entire month!').

"Only for as long as you don't fix the wings," Loki said, but they both knew this was a lie and that Loki would still seize every chance to make the joke again, even after she'd do that.

Y/N furrowed her eyebrows, an expression Loki found cute when it wasn't a result of negative emotions. "Did you come all the way up here just for the sake of a play with words?" she asked.

"Oh, right!" he said as he took her hands in his own. "Duty calls, Birdie."

Y/N rolled her eyes again at both the nickname and his absent-mindedness. "You seriously almost forgot that?" she asked, leaning a bit closer. "You're incorrigible."

Loki leaned across her face and whispered in her ear, "Then maybe you should punish me when we come back."

His baritone whisper sent shivers down her spine, and when he kissed her, she was thankful that he didn't slip his hand under the fabric of her shirt like he'd sometimes do because she knew she would be unable to hold herself back and not let him have her on the spot.

"Don't you think we should get going?" she asked when their lips parted. "The Avengers are waiting for us."

"Whatever my Birdie wants," he responded and pulled away, yet his one hand kept holding hers loosely.

They walked together towards the door and back into the building, smiles on both their faces. As Loki glanced at Y/N, he knew it was an undeniable truth that he finally was content.

...

So, that was it. I'll probably post the next story at the end of the month because this one's short –I know. Till then, let me know if you liked this one by voting and commenting.

Take care. ♥