#24: Of Course I Don't Believe You're Dead And Gone

Hello! Hope life's going good for you.

Anyway, this story was inspired by the beginning of a dream I had... about 3 months ago. I remember sitting at my study, thinking of that dream when ideas began coming to me nonstop.

The title was inspired by "All dead, all dead" by Queen, I have the video clip on top of the chapter in case you want to check it out. (yes, I'll keep naming chapters after songs because I'm terrible at finding titles)

Anyway, this one's a bit rough. Trigger warnings: angst, suicide stuff

(I'm a drama queen, angst is my thing)

Anyway, I hope you like this.

Published on May 2020

...

Present day

Loki and Y/N were preparing to leave the Avengers compound. They were the only ones that had remained in the facility, and the whole building was entirely silent, except for the sounds of backpacks closing, coats being worn, chairs being dragged and similar sounds that the two of them were making.

"So, what are you gonna do afterwards?"

Loki lifted his head and looked at Y/N, a bit startled –partly because he had gotten used to the silence and partly because he hadn't expected to be asked such a question. Nobody ever asked him such thing except for Thor –and even he probably tried to ensure his younger brother wouldn't try to enslave humanity during his free time.

"I don't know; I guess I'll go home and... chill", he said and shrugged.

Not that I have many options. When I walk among people, they draw back in fear, and I don't exactly have actual friends to spend my time with.

"Same..." Y/N muttered in response.

Her lips quivered as if she was trying to figure out what to say. Then she spoke, her lips curving into a hesitant smile.

"We could, you know, go somewhere together", she suggested.

"I-I'd love to, but..." he stuttered, "You know, people are... they recognise me".

Y/N approached him and brought out a hair bobble she kept on her wrist. She stood right in front of him and tied his hair back. Loki's eyes locked on her face. His eyes glanced at her lips. Don't, he instructed himself. He couldn't let himself grow fond of anyone. Not again. It was too much strain on the heart.

He smirked when Y/N took a step back after having finished with his hair.

"Alright, now, change the colour of your shirt", she said.

"What?" Loki inquired in confusion.

"You're a sorcerer, aren't you? Change the colour of your clothes into something that you don't usually wear".

Loki raised his one eyebrow as he made his shirt ocean blue and his pants dark grey.

"Ah, perfect!" Y/N exclaimed happily, "Now you're unrecognisable for someone who doesn't know you personally".

"Are you sure about that?"

"Yeah. The most probable thing that might happen is someone looking at you, think 'oh, well, this guy reminds me of something, but I don't know what' and then walk away".

Loki shrugged and took his backpack from the chair, where he had previously placed it.

"Yeah, whatever, but we're gonna walk quickly anyway".