XIV

after wilbur and phil had geared up and left l'manburg, everyone had retreated to their respective houses. quackity reluctantly leaving after giving up interrogating me.

once the boys and niki had head to bed, i wrapped up in a large grey scarf and cloak, making my way to the gates where i was to meet a certain masked man.

there was a slight chill in the air, my breath lingering in puffs of condensation. i hugged my body tight as i walked, nearing the steel entrance.

i swiftly exited, walking around to the side wall and pressing my back against it.

shutting my eyes, i slid down against the wall, sitting on the terrain below. i hooked my arms over my legs, pulling my knees close in attempt to keep myself warm.

i thought back to the events of today, lingering on what phil had said to me just before he left, to god knows where, with wilbur.

he had rested a gloved hand on my shoulder, giving it a light squeeze. his piercing blue eyes, alike tommys, bore into me.

stay sharp.

of course i had no idea what he meant, it left me rather confused. i snapped back to reality when a distant noise could be heard.

the familiar clanking of armour became louder as it approached, i quickly stood up dusting myself off.

my eyes shot in the direction of the noise as a figure walked towards me, into the dim, torchlit area.

my eyes widened when realisation sunk in, that it wasn't dream.

immediately i stumbled back, blocking my face with my arms.

"hey- hey wait im not gonna hurt ya." the raven haired male assured, gripping my right arm gently.

attempting to pull back, his hold grew tighter.

"let me go-" i pleaded.

he grabbed hold of my other arm, pulling it down so we were face to face.

his dark eyes met mine, a concerned expression settled on his features.

"please- i won't hurt you."

i stopped resisting, letting out a shaky sigh.

"look- i know we got off to a bad start- and i want to apologise for that. i shouldn't have jumped the gun like that-"

"where's dream?" i mumbled, averting his apologetic gaze.

the man before me sighed in frustration, finally letting go of my arms.

"he's not coming. i thought id let you know."

my heart sank, did something happen to him? did he hate me? why couldn't he tell me himself?

"oh. right, okay." nodding to myself i began to back up, turning to face the black stone walls.

"you could stay with me for a while- to pass the time. i assure you im just as fun as he is, maybe even more."

i turned back to meet a smug grin on his tanned face. the white cloth tied around his head was singed at the ends, keeping his messy black hair off of his sharp features.

"i- i dont know."

sapnap reached for my arm, holding it lightly.

"c'mon lets do something fun."

a/n- this is a re-upload,, i accidentally deleted two chapters....