LXII

third person pov

a loud thud echoed through the mostly silent room, when a fist met the spruce table. the candles and lanterns littered across the wooden surface rattled and jumped.

"you cannot possibly think thats a good idea- itll get you killed!" quackity boomed, locking eyes with sapnaps.

"well, id like to see you try and think of something better." he yelled back, his hands pressed flat against the map that was splayed out over the table.

everyone else gathered around on the minimal furniture that was housed in the cavern.

"i dont want you to risk your lives just for me- im the one who needs to get techno." y/n mumbled, hands bunching together as they did when they were stressed.

"no" both males spat, not in anger towards the e/c eyed person, but in disdain of y/ns plan of going to the kingdom and pleading for technos life in exchange for theirs.

"why cant we just kill george in his sleep? it would be so much simpler." punz sighed, swinging back on a wooden stool. the blond kicked up his feet, resting them on one of the corners of the table.

"no. that would make us no better than him. i dont want that." y/n frowned, palming their knuckles.

"can we not just go with the initial plan?" karl, who was back to sitting on the mattress across the room, butted in. the brunette was flipping through a faded tri-coloured book, which had a swirl symbol engraved in the cover.

"what? you want to start a war with the smp?" sapnap turned his head to face karl, whos eyes were glued onto the pages. the brunette simply nodded, without removing his gaze from the parchment.

"thatll get us all killed. you know how big his army of devotees is." punz mumbled out, his blue eyes flickering from sapnap and karl to his left hand. he began studying his fingernails like they were the most interesting thing on the planet.

"lets just drop it for now, we can pick it back up tomorrow morning when we are rested. i havent eaten all day, im going to make some food." quackity backed away from the table, the dark haired male stepped towards the doorway and looked back into the room, glossing over the people inside.

"does anyone else want some soup and bread?"

a wave of 'yes' and 'please's echoed through the room, with that quackity nodded and walked off to where the 'kitchen' was.

karl rose from his semi horizontal position on the soft linen, his eyes still glued to the book.

"im going to see if he needs help." the brunette mumbled and followed out through the doorway.

y/n stretched, their back arching away from the hard back of the wooden chair they sat on. they rolled their aching shoulders before standing up and shuffling towards the empty mattress.

the h/c haired person flung themselves back against the warm sheets, their body sinking into the duvet.

sapnaps eyes flickered from y/ns form to punz, who pressed his lips together in a hard line.

"i should really get back to the castle, i know george will want an update of sorts." punz made a quotation with his fingers in the air, and then proceeded to gather his things and leave.

he saluted towards y/n, who replied with a small smile, before rolling back into the sheets.

this left sapnap and y/n alone, for the first time in a while.

the nether born ambled towards the mattress, sitting on the edge of the spring filled cushioning.

the bed sunk under his weight, as he began to unstrap his armour.

y/n sat up attentively, their glossy eyes watching the raven haired males every move.

a light clang sound echoed out as sapnaps armour made contact with the ground, he was left in a white hooded shirt and his black trousers.

his dark eyes met y/ns, and he looked as he was contemplating something.

"may i?" he mumbled, nodding towards the space beside y/n.

they nodded, their e/c eyes following sapnaps painfully slow movements to the space beside them.

both parties laid back against the sheets, staring up at the grey stone ceiling. sapnap shifted his position to be more comfortable and accidentally brushed his arm against y/ns.

"youre freezing." the male uttered out, turning his head to the right to face the smaller human.

they let out a light chuckle, turning to face sapnap.

"i guess i didnt really notice. then again im not the son of a fire demon, so i wont always be as hot as you." they mumbled, crossing their arms over their torso.

"c'mere" sapnap spoke softly with a grin, slowly moving his muscular arms over y/ns small form.

the raven haired male interlocked his fingers together, pulling y/n in close so their faces were only inches apart.

they stayed like that for a while, shallow, hot breaths fanning against each others faces.

sapnaps eyes wandered down y/ns features.

soft eyes staring attentively back at him, lips slightly pursed.

a light pink scattered across their cheeks, reaching to their ears.

"how are you feeling?" sapnap whispered, trying not to disturb the space between them.

"im okay. everything is a little confusing at the moment." y/n replied, their voice velvety.

sapnap bit his bottom lip softly before replying.

"like your feelings for dream?"

y/n glanced away, avoiding eye contact with the male inches away from them.

they contemplated for a moment before giving an answer.

"i- i suppose."

sapnap nodded to himself, chewing on his lip more.

there was a comfortable silence between the two for a few moments until he spoke up again.

"what about your feelings for me?"

a bold question.

y/n locked eyes with the nether born, their cheeks growing hot under his intense gaze.

"i dont... im unsure." they replied.

sapnap slowly snaked his left hand up, placing it against the right side of y/ns jaw.

his eyes flickered back and forth from their lips, almost waiting for permission.

y/n nodded their head, a fraction of an inch.

then sapnap rushed in, pressing his lips hungrily against theirs. y/n jumped lightly at the contact, melting into the hold of the raven haired male.

a/n- hope you enjoyed this chapter! wow i'm surprised we have a fair few entries for the writing competition so far, thank you all for entering! you're all so talented.