XIX

i shuffled uncomfortably in the linen sheets, holding in a shaky breath as my heart beat quickened.

"you were?" i managed to whisper out.

wilbur nodded, crossing one leg over the other.

"yeah- he mentioned something about wanting to speak with you- but obviously that can't happen right now." he pointed to my current state.

i sighed, moving my hands to rest over my arms. a shiver ran through my body as i attempted to pull the sheets further up my frame.

the brunette male shot me a sympathetic look.

"hey move over." he mumbled as he moved to my side, wrapping an arm around my waist.

i budged over, settling into his embrace. wilbur ran his nimble fingers over my arms, resting his chin on top of my head.

i rolled over, cuddling into wilbur's chest, weaving my arms around his warm body.

my eyes started drooping, my breathing returning to its steady pace.

we stayed like that for a while, until the creaking of niki's bedroom door could be heard.

a pair of light footsteps entered the room, i assumed it was niki.

"how are they doing?" she asked, her voice soft.

wilbur shifted a bit, still holding me close.

"shh i think they're asleep." the brunette mumbled, barely above a whisper.

i heard niki place something on her bedside table, and her footsteps growing faint.

the door creaked once more.

"ive got the herbs from the market- philza is on his way, ill start making the potions. do you need anything?" she murmured.

wil shook his head and the door shut with a click.

the older male settled back down, wrapping his arms further around me.

~*~*~*~

wilbur pov

y/n nestled up into my side, it had been a few hours and they had fallen asleep. and to be honest, it pained me to see them sick.

i had pulled the blankets up around us, covering most of their body in the soft fabric.

faint conversation could be heard from the kitchen, then a set of footsteps.

the door swung open, revealing my father. a leather satchel draped across his chest.

"tommy called for me- is y/n okay?" the blond man asked in a hushed tone as he shut the door.

"a fever or something- can you check it out?" i adjusted my position, moving y/n over so phil could get a better look at them.

he skimmed his worn hands over their face, brushing a few locks away, uncovering a prominent scar in their hairline.

phil hummed in displeasure. "they're burnin' up- but nothing too severe. this isn't as bad as last time."

"have they been hydrating?"

"nikis been bringing them water."

"then y/n will be fine."

i breathed a sigh of relief, gazing down at the sleeping figure beside me. beads of sweat rolled down their forehead, lips parted and slightly chapped.

a chuckle erupted from phil, my eyes shot in his direction.

his arms were crossed over his chest, as he leaned against the windowsill by the bed.

"bullshit." he mumbled with a smile, before exiting the room.

i smiled to myself, my eyes returning to look at the sleeping person.

a/n- ayo if you see this you should definitely totally absolutely follow my tiktok (fizzykneecaps) im almost at 7K !! also vote n comment <3 mwah ((psst foreshadowing))