XLIV

content warning: dream/memory, flashback, mentions of explosives.

"your highness, georges army has breached the gates. the castle is under attack we need to get you to safety." a voice mumbled into erets ear. their head turning to a small figure that sat close by in the throne room.

a warm orange glow shone through the large windows situated behind the throne, casting a yellow haze over everything.

"get y/n to safety first, wilbur." the ruler whispered back, glancing back from the teen, eret arising from their seated position on the brass throne.

"but your highness-" the younger brunette pleaded before being cut off.

"promise me no matter what..." their voice trailed out as a loud explosion shook the castle walls.

the young figure looked up at their father, a worried expression plastered onto their features.

"father?" they shot up quickly, walking swiftly over to their parent.

eret wrapped their arms around the teen, pulling them into a soft embrace.

"itll be okay, y/n. go with wilbur, ill see you soon." eret pulled away, looking into their e/c eyes that began to water.

"here, take this." eret pulled a chain that hung from their neck, ripping off a gemstone necklace and pressing it into y/ns smaller hand.

"i love you." eret mumbled, giving wilbur a look.

the brown eyed male nodded back to the king, escorting y/n away.

"wait no- father-"

another explosion was set off, the smell of gunpowder seeping throughout the castle. clouds of smoke building up around the double doors opposing the throne.

~

i jolted awake, gasping for air. beads of sweat clung to my forehead, causing wisps of my hair to be plastered to my skin.

i scanned the room frantically, my knuckles turning white from gripping the bedsheets.

my chest rose and fell in a frantic manner, letting out shaky breaths.

my mouth felt dry, my heart only now slowing from its rapid palpitations.

once i calmed down, i sat back against technos headboard, letting my breathing return back to normal.

"is everything alright?" techno shouted from the next room, his footsteps growing louder as he approached the bedroom.

the tall male pushed the door open, holding a tray of food in his hands.

i nodded weakly at him, shooting him a small smile.

"just a bad dream i guess." i mumbled as techno made his way to the bed, setting the wooden tray onto the soft sheets.

in turn he positioned himself beside me, picking up a piece of cloth from the tray and dabbing it against my forehead.

his eyes studied me carefully as he did so, pressing the fabric against me in a gentle manner.

i stared up at him, my eyes fixating on his stern features. techno flickered his eyes down to meet mine, noticing my gaze.

"what?" he smiled.

his eyes showing a kindness only i have ever been blessed enough to witness.

"nothing." i whispered back with a small grin.

~*~*~*~

back in l'manburg, philza awaited wilburs return, or any sign of y/n. the older man drummed his fingers against the hard wood kitchen table in a rhythmic fashion.

a duel toned haired head peered around the kitchen doorway that led out onto the hall, phil looked up from his fixed gaze on the table. his eyes meeting nikis.

the young female entered the room, her hands bunching around the hem of her oversized shirt.

"any news?" she questioned quietly, her soft voice cutting through the silence.

phil shook his head no, removing his hat and placing it on the table beside him.

"well let me know if anything comes up. puffy took the boys to the market to distract them, im going to join her." the girl stepped across the room, pausing when she reached phil.

the older man looked up at niki, with tired eyes, from his seated position. niki placed a sympathetic hand on philzas shoulder, squeezing it with reassurance.

"its okay, im sure when you explain things theyll understand." she hummed before walking towards the front door.

"thank you, niki." phil looked towards her, which she returned with a smile.

she unhooked her cloak from the wall and draped it over her shoulders, slipping out of the door.

phil turned back to the table, studying his hands. he caressed the deep set scars on his palms, letting out a sigh.

a squawk interrupted his thoughts, the older man turning his head to the side to face his one and only messenger bird.

"ah- hey mate." he greeted the crow that sauntered closer, phil eyed the scroll attached to the bird, recognising the red tie to be technos.

philza released the scroll from the bird, allowing the crow to fly off again.

the blond man broke the seal, scanning the contents of the paper.

' phil,

it is of upmost importance that you return home, i have y/n with me who is rather distraught over the news of the late ruler, eret,
being their father.

wilbur should be returning back to l'manburg by the time you get this, you owe y/n an explanation. i would also like to know why you kept this information from me.

i would like to also discuss the direction we are going in with this 'new' information. we only have so much time until george catches on.

yours sincerely,

technoblade. '

phil sighed, shaking his head. he folded the paper in half, pocketing it.

"wilbur what did you do..."

a/n- happy fathers day. if you lack a father figure in your life or arent on good terms with one, im your dad now. also feel free to ask any questions ab the story so far, vote n comment <33