LII

((header imagine by wheels, commissioned by me for this chapter!))

"wh- PHIL HELP"

a hand clamped around my mouth, calloused fingertips flushed against my cold face, the person it belonged to grasping my shoulder.

"shhh" the voice muttered.

i wrenched my head over my shoulder to face who had their hold on me.

bright blue eyes pierced into mine, his classic white hood resting upon his disheveled blond hair.

'mmhmm?' my words were muffled by his hand. he loosened his grasp once he saw that i had calmed down.

"please dont scream okay?" he awaited my answer, i gave him a curt nod and he pulled his hand away from my lips.

"bleh" i stuck my tongue out, resulting in a small smile forming on the blonds face.

"what are you doing here?" i asked, sitting back down on the fallen tree.

punz copied my actions, sitting beside me on the white dusted wood.

i shifted away from him a few inches, avoiding eye contact.

"he knows." was all punz mumbled out, his hot breath catching in the air.

i inhaled sharply, my eyes shifting to his form, assuming what he meant.

"george?" i asked, just to confirm my assumptions.

the blond nodded his head, turning to face me.

"he knows who you are. i thought id let you know." he reiterated, clasping his hands together.

"oh."

"why are you telling me this? why are you here?" i continued, eyeing him.

"look, i know my morals are grey but-"

he paused, reaching for my hand. i pulled back, holding my hands to my torso.

punz gave me a pleading look, causing me to reluctantly permit him to take it.

he opened out the palm of my right hand, cupping the underside with his left hand.

the blond shoved his free hand into his cloak pocket, pulling out his balled fist, hovering it above my open palm.

"i want you to know that you have my alliance."
he muttered, dropping a golden ring into my hand.

i let out a small gasp, "this is one of georges-"

"im on your side. i want to protect you. i promise." punz closed my hand with his, cupping the cool skin with worn hands.

i nodded at his words. allowing him to keep his hold on my hand for a moment, before pulling back to adjust my cloak.

"do you know what he is planning to do?" i questioned the older male.

"not yet. be wary, you were pretty easy to track down." he pulled his arms back, crossing them over his armoured torso.

"will you come back once you know? to prepare me?"

"if that is what you wish... i dont think you should stay here." punz kicked up parts of the powdery snow beneath his feet like a child.

my eyes drifted back to the two houses that stood in close proximity to one another. i let out a light sigh as i heard another clatter from within phils home.

"where do you suggest i go? i cant just pack up and leave they wouldnt let me-"

"who? your boyfriends?" punz nudged me jokingly.