XXVI

wilbur pov

techno began to leave the room, dropping the mask onto the floor.

"techno." i pulled his arm, his face turning to meet me.

"we wont let anything bad happen to them, i promise."

the anger in his eyes slowly subsided, a now almost vulnerable look was left on his features.

"i will hold you against that, wilbur." he paused for a moment.

"you of all people know how much i was against y/n living here. because of this exact reason. if anything happens, i will never forgive you." he clenched his jaw, pulling away from my grasp and storming out of the room.

i chewed on my lip, sitting myself on the edge of y/ns bed.

~*~*~*~
dream pov

i entered the smp castle, my dark green hood pulled down to cover my face.

when i attempted to get back into y/ns room to retrieve my mask, wilbur and his brother were there.

they definitely know whats been going on and im afraid of what might happen, or if george were to find out.

i shut the tall doors behind me, letting out an exhausted sigh.

"what happened to you?" a voice echoed through the entrance hall.

i turned slightly to meet the gaze of punz, he was fully decked out in chainmail and netherite. he wore a gold chain around his neck and had a white hood pulled up, covering half of his hair.

i pulled my hood further over my face. "nothing- just lost my mask while i was out."

"that's not like you." punz mumbled, but kept his eyes down, looking at his feet.

"the king wanted me to pass on a message to you, about the ball tomorrow." he continued.

"what would that be?" i turned and walked across the marbled floor, so i was now at the other side of the room.

i rested a hand on the banister of the main stairs, waiting for punz to finish.

"he said to tell you, during the entirety of the ball, he wishes you be by his side. this is the biggest ball hes ever thrown and hes somewhat nervous- thats it." punz turned, nodding at me and then swiftly walking down one of the many halls.

i sat on one of the steps, sighing a little.

~*~*~*~

y/n pov

when we had finished dinner, everyone had retreated to their respective rooms. except phil and i who had stayed up to clean the dishes.

"you really dont need to do this- are you sure you feel well enough?" the blond man asked as he scrubbed one of the many plates that were piling up.

"i feel fine, phil. and plus- it seems like you could use a hand." i smiled at him, drying the plates with a towel and putting them back into the cupboard.

we made light conversation as we worked, mindful not to wake anyone up.

"will you be able to go to the ball tomorrow?" he turned to me.

i nodded, "im okay phil, really."

he nodded back, reaching for the soap.

"what did you want to tell me, earlier at dinner?"

phil paused for a moment, presumably thinking over what he was about to say.

"you know what- its not that important. we can talk about it later." he quickly pulled the drain out of the sink, drying his hands on a spare towel.

"it's best we head to bed. big day tomorrow."

and with that, the older man ambled to his bedroom. the light sound of his door shutting echoed through the house.

a/n- ball arc next~ ((long chapters coming)) also i love hearing your theories so drop them below!! vote n comment <33