XLVI

content warning: mentions of injury, death ect..

"so just dont hate him, for this." techno mumbled before pressing a kiss to my temple.

"i dont think i could ever hate him, tech." i leaned back into his embrace, leaning against his chest.

we sat in silence for a bit, the only sound being the faint noise of technos dogs scratching around the house.

after a while i sat up, techno retracting his hold on me.

"i should probably put on more clothes.." i pushed myself off of his bed, my feet padding against the floor as i made my way over to technos wardrobe.

i gripped the doorknob with my hand, pulling the heavy wooden frame open. i scanned the clothes that were neatly folded and hung, yet again.

techno shuffled in the sheets behind me, leaning on his side.

"i dont know if theres anything in there of mine that'll fit you, nerd." he mumbled out with a smirk.

i turned my head to face him, sticking out my tongue at the older male.

the taller male propped himself up, pushing himself out of the bed causing the white sheets to fall to the ground.

he walked towards me, towering behind me. techno easily rested his chin on top of my head, staring down at the closet. techno slinked his arms around my waist, holding onto me.

"what about that box?" he asked, nodding his head towards a wooden chest that rested at the base of the wardrobe.

i shuffled over, techno dropping his hold around me. i crouched down so i was eye level with the chest, opening it slowly.

a layer of dust flew off, causing me to scrunch my nose in distaste. techno chuckled at this.

once i opened the box, i rummaged around the fabrics. all of the clothing seeming to be my size.

i pulled out a pair of f/c trousers, holding them up to techno.

"are these my old clothes?"

he nodded with a smile.

"from all the times youve stayed over in mine when you were mad at phil."

i chuckled, turning back to the box and pulling out a long skirt the same colour as the trousers.

"alright turn around, mr blade." i eyed him as his gaze lingered on my form.

i slipped on the favoured garment, tucking technos shirt into the waistband.

the pink haired male turned back around, smiling.

"havent seen you in that in months..." he mumbled.

"has it been that long since i last saw you?" i asked, walking over to techno.

"move back. come back to me. please." he said, barely over a whisper.

i rested my head against his chest, sighing.

"i would...but i dont know anymore. lets see what phil has to say." i replied.

wolf paws scrambled against the floor, bounding towards the front door as a few knocks echoed through the house.

"speak of the devil." techno shook his head, exiting the bedroom to answer the door.

i followed behind him, a few feet away. i stood behind him, slightly to his right.

techno pulled the door open, a lot more gentle than the last time he answered the door.

the wooden panel breezed open, revealing philza. the older man held onto his hat, which was coated in a thin layer of snow. he wore his usual dull green cloak, his dark wings poking out the back of it.

the blond gave his son a weak smile before locking eyes with me.

"im glad youre safe. i think its best we have that talk now."

i nodded, techno and i moving aside so the older man could walk in.

"techno make us some hot drinks, im going to sit y/n down and tell them everything." phil muttered to his middle child, sending the shifter to the other side of the room.

techno began heating up water over the fire as phil and i sat at the dining table. the old man interlocking his hands together and facing me.

i leaned back in the spruce chair, adjusting my posture.

"ive wanted to tell you for a while. i was waiting for the right moment to tell you, so was wilbur." he began, his blue eyes locking onto my e/c ones.

"do you remember anything at all?"

i nodded, telling him what came to me in dreams.

"thats correct..finding out eret was your parent must have triggered some memories...me and wil never thought youd get those back after the accident."

"what really happened? i remember seeing a boy... everything is hazy, he had these green eyes-"

"dream." phil stated bluntly.

"what?" i was taken aback by the statement, my eyes glancing towards techno who was pouring the water he had boiled into some cups.

"dream was there, when you hit your head. he was the reason you got hurt." philza mumbled, taking a cup from techno as the tall male passed by, taking a seat beside me.

"dream and one of the other guards set off the explosives, the ones that made half the castle fall down around you." philza took a sip of the hot liquid, steam emanating out of the cup.

i absentmindedly placed my middle and index finger against the scar on my hairline, blanking for a moment.

"he did this?"

philza nodded, continuing to speak.

"thats what wil told me, he said he found you amongst the rubble, bleeding out. we were afraid you wouldnt make it."

techno placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder, squeezing gently.

"thats when he brought you to me, i was guiding citizens out of the kingdom with sam. then we brought you here, techno helped tend to your wounds..." phil looked towards his son.

who returned the glance with a curt nod.

"you had such a bad fever, you were asleep for days. wil was worried sick- but, when you woke up, you had forgotten everything."

"i remember that part, waking up. not knowing who you were..." i mumbled out.

"why didnt you tell me y/n was erets child?" techno spoke, breaking his silence.

"the less people knowing the better... george, every few months, sends out guards to search for the hier to the throne. it was safer for us, and for you." phil placed his cup against the hardwood table, clasping his hands around eachother.

"what does he want with me? does he want to kill me?" i questioned, my brows knitted together.

"i feel as though we will find that out soon enough."

a/n- apologies for not updating in a bit, i was taking a break bc i was tired. im holding an art competition soon, prize with be a twitch sub so look out for that. also thank you sm for 400k reads,, im amazed. love you guys. vote n comment <33