XX

dream pov

rays of light shone through the stained glass in the throne room, reflecting onto my mask.

i propped myself against the andesite steps, gripping my sword in my hands.

after george had left last night, i patrolled around the castle grounds with punz for while.

punz retreated to his room halfway through the night, leaving me alone in the throne room.

ive been waiting for sapnaps return, so i could leave and apologise to y/n for not showing up.

the guilt was eating into my soul.

i let out a breathy sigh and slumped against the steps.

just then, the double doors swung open. a smug looking sapnap strolling into the room soon after.

i shot up from my seated position, meeting the raven haired male halfway.

"where've you been?" i snarled at him.

he let out a chuckle.

"just went for a ride, you know- l'manburg is lovely this time of year." his dark eyes met my mask, a smirk growing on his face.

"what?" i stepped closer to him. "did you-"

sapnap tilted his head to the side, the ribbons of his headband flopping with him.

"you shoulda told me y/n was such good company, maybe i would of gone to see them sooner." he responded.

i clenched my jaw, suppressing the rage bubbling within me, shaking my head in disbelief.

"no they wouldn't-"

"oh but they would. i didn't realise how pretty y/n was- until i was up close."

i gripped the shirt collar that peeked out from underneath his armour.

i pulled back my opposite arm, swinging fast. my knuckles colliding with his nose. blood immediately started pouring from his face, dripping down onto the marble floor below.

sapnap let out a low laugh, "what's wrong lover boy? scared y/n will like me better?"

i went to swing again, but paused just before my fist met his face. my breathing was jagged, my chest rising and falling with every pant.

"i understand why you like them so much, they really are...something else." sapnap stared at me through hooded eyelids.

he pulled away from my grasp, holding the bridge of his nose and walking away, back through the doors.

~*~*~*~

as soon as the night fell, i was on my way to l'manburg. to see y/n.

i gripped the reins that were fastened to spirits armour, my knuckles stinging.

the weather had cleared from the night before, the moon lighting the now muddy plains before me.

it was around the time i would usually meet y/n, and i was just pulling up to l'manburg.

i leaped off of spirit, quickly tying the horse to a nearby tree.

i stood near the gate, waiting for them to show up. i was confused, usually they were the first one to get there. but hey, maybe something was holding them up.

i sat against the walls, awaiting the person who had been clouding my thoughts these last few days.

an hour had passed, and i realised they weren't coming. i sighed in disappointment, standing up and brushing my armour off.

i peered through the l'manburg gates. the streets were empty, no one was around.

biting my lip in contemplation, i nodded to myself. pulling my cloak hood over my head further, and walking into l'manburg.

as i walked down the wet, cobbled paths. the end of my cloak dampened, thrashing against my heels.

i vaguely remember where wilbur lived, which is where i assumed y/n to be. i advanced down an alley way, emerging back onto one of the main streets.

across from me was the familiar stone and spruce house. i smiled lightly, moving closer.

i wandered around to the back of the house, looking into the nearest window.

the room was dimly lit, but i could just make out who was in it.

y/n lay in the bed, their hair practically stuck to their face with sweat. a wet cloth draped over their forehead.

i frowned, what the fuck did sapnap do.

just then, the bedroom door opened. i ducked down, to avoid being seen, peeking back through the window.

wilbur was now sat by the bedside, holding one of
y/ns hands. he was mumbling something i couldn't hear.

i clicked my tongue, backing away from the window and storming off. i made it back onto mainstreet, ready to trudge back through the gates.

what the hell happned? what was wilbur saying?

i shook my head aggressively, balling my fists.

"dream." a voice called out.

i froze up, slowly turning to meet the gaze of philza.

"ah mr. minecraft, lovely night isn't it?" i laughed lightly.

"you and i both know you shouldn't be here." his voice was stern, his arms folded over the stained apron that adorned his frame.

i looked down at my feet, avoiding his eyes.

"you best leave. i don't think wilbur would take kindly to this." he gestured to me.

i nodded at him, turning and beginning to walk away.

"and dream?" the blond male uttered out.

i looked over my shoulder to see phil retreating back into wilburs house.

"i don't want a repeat of last time." he paused, his blue eyes burning.

"i will kill you."

a/n- oooooh dream or sapnap ?? i hope you enjoyed this brief chapter, updating at the weekend with new characters~ vote n comment <3