XXXIV

the potions bubbled on the stand as i tended to sapnaps bruising. he sat up on the workbench, lightly swaying his feet. i stood between his legs, assessing the damage around his nose.

my cool fingers ghosted over his hot skin, the dark room not giving me much light to work with.

"will you tell me what happened now?" i mumbled, our eyes making contact.

his gaze flickered from my eyes to my lips, then away from me.

"i-" he stopped himself, clenching his jaw.

a frown made its way onto my face as i stared up at the nether born male.

"me and dream got into a fight- of sorts." he attempted to laugh the comment off, until he turned back to look me in the eyes.

"what was it about?" i questioned as i reached over one of his legs, grabbing at a potion stand.

sapnap placed a warm hand onto my side, steadying me while i grasped the glass.

"nothing really. dream has a tendency to get heated over little things." sap sniffed lightly, his palm still resting at my waist.

i handed him the glass vile, which he took happily with his free hand. he stared me down as he pressed the glass rim to his lips, downing the pinky liquid in one go.

he retracted the glass, instantly pulling a disgusted face at the flavour.

this made me giggle, sapnap returned the bottle to me, shaking his head aggressively.

"you should be healed fully by the end of the night." i looked up at him through hooded eyes, as i cleaned around the work bench.

his stare did not falter as i cleaned, his dark eyes following my every movement. i moved from my stance between his legs, turning around to pack away the leftover ingredients.

a quiet thump echoed through the room, when i turned back i was met face to face with sapnap. he was a few inches away, i could practically feel the heat radiating off of him.

"hey- thank you. for this." he mumbled out, gesturing to his face.

"of course."

his fixed look shifted from my eyes to my lips. fluctuating between the two.

i felt the nether born draw closer, his sharp features moving in.

i turned my head to the door, resting a hand on his armoured chest.

"we should get back. i wouldnt want you to get in trouble." i whispered out, barely audible.

sapnap let out a shaky sigh, from the corner of my vision i could see him bite his lip.

"youre right."

~*~*~*~

third person pov

y/n emerged back into the ballroom, their boots tapping under them as they walked.

both sapnap and y/n decided it would be best to split up before returning to the main party, to avoid suspension.

wilbur instantly spotted the shorter person, his anxieties practically melting away once his brown eyes made contact with their form.

y/n noticed the tall male staring, and walked over to the familiar group of people. wilbur rested a worried hand on their shoulder.

"where were you?" he asked, his eyes scanning their body.

"oh i felt a bit faint. i needed to get some air, and got lost i suppose." they shrugged, lying through their teeth.

philza turned to the young person, he gave them a small smile.

"im glad youre safe. be careful next time, bring someone with you." he mumbled before returning his gaze to the dance floor.

"wheres techno?" the e/c eyed person asked, searching the room for the anarchist male.

"he went to look for you. im sure he will come back soon." wil assured them.

y/n followed phils stare, catching sight of niki and puffy.

the girl and her lover giggled as they danced, white ringlets swaying as the two women spun across the floor.

near to them, tommy, tubbo and ranboo were all awkwardly trying to dance together. tommy going completely freestyle and his movements not syncing up with the music at all. tubbo swayed back and forth, gripping onto ranboos hands. the half enderman attempting to teach the young brunette some of the correct dance moves.

a small smile rested on y/ns features as they turned to wilbur.

"wil? would you dance with me?" they asked, their voice laced hope.

the taller male contemplated the question, his brown eyes darting up to the throne where george sat, dream by his side as usual.

george gave the dark haired male a small smile from his position, wilbur redirecting his gaze back onto y/n.

wilbur frowned, slight guilt creeping up on him as he pondered over his answer.

"im sorry y/n. i dont dance." he mumbled out, watching their expression on their face go from a hopeful one to a more sad one.

a chuckle escaped a pair of lips.

"but i do."

a/n- thank you for all the good lucks from last chapter- i have work training on tuesday !! also im curious about your theories on the book so far👀 vote n comment <333