LVIII

dream shuffled towards the cell door, peering round the corner to assure that george had left the premises.

the masked male then turned back to techno, bending down to a squat near the anarchist.

"do you really not know where they are?" dream questioned in a low voice.

techno shifted his head from the floor to look up at dream, all he could let out was a blood spluttered cough and a shake of the head.

"okay.." dream nodded, reaching into his cloak pocket. he slipped his hand out, presenting techno with a vile of pink liquid.

the piglin shifter immediately recognised it to be a healing potion, his eyes darting up to dream in confusion.

the dirty blond haired man fished out a set of keys from his other pocket, swinging them around his index finger.

he placed the potion into technos bound up hands, the pink haired male enclosing the glass in his calloused palms.

dream guided the steel key into the lock, and the cuffs around technos raw wrists broke off, clanking onto the floor.

technoblade let out a jagged breath at the lack of pressure, his eyes following dream as the armour clad male stood up and walked out of the cell, shutting the door behind him.

~*~*~*~

y/n pov

i attempted to shift in place but was weighed down on both sides. my eyes shot open and i glanced to my right.

karl had pulled me close to his side, wrapping both his arms around my torso.

i shifted my gaze to my left, quackity had draped himself over my left side, his left arm was slung over my body, his face nuzzled into the crook of my neck.

light puffs of hot breath against my neck made my face heat up.

both men were snoring lightly , it seems we had all fallen asleep. i chuckled lightly before shaking the two guys off.

i sat up, trying my best not to wake them. i quietly slid off of the bed, my feet padding against the cool floor.

the lack of my presence made quackity frown in his sleep, he wiggled his body closer to karl and wrapped both his arms around the taller male.

i smiled at this, picking up one of the candles that flickered at the table to the left.

i shuffled towards the spruce door, opening it and slipping through. the door swung shut behind me and i was met with the darkness of the ravine.

i reached out and pressed my hand against the cave wall for stability, while i waited for my eyes to adjust to the dim light.

the candle light flickered as a cool breeze blew through the cave, the walls were so cold they felt damp to the touch. i retracted my hand, wiping the cold on the hem of my shirt.

the walls were lined with over a dozen spruce doors, all in uniform to each other, aside from a slightly larger, double door at the end of the ravine.

overhead there was a string of lanterns, not lit and catching cobwebs from not being used. i walked down the passage to the end of the cave, opening random doors as i passed.

they all seemed to house supplies, crates and beds. some were locked and would not open, others looked like they had not been touched in years.

i eventually reached the double doors, the lock on the door had rusted presumably by the humidity of the cavern.

i held out the candle in one hand, pressing the other against the rough wood. it creaked against the pressure and after a moment finally cracked open.

the doors swung open, causing a layer of dust to rise up from inside. i scanned the contents of the small room.

the walls to my left and right were lined with books, all a similar shade of brown. the oak shelving had been built into the stone of the cave and some of the wood had begun to split.

the wall directly opposite me had a large map that had aged with time. it showed the greater smp land, l'manburg and some land further west thats name had been scratched off.

i placed the candle down on the desk that sat in the centre of the room, a thick layer of dust rested on the wood.

i circled around the room, scanning the shelves of books.

"l'manburg log records 20XX" i mumbled out absentmindedly.

i shuffled towards the desk, sitting myself down at the red leather arm chair.

a book was open on the table, the last few logs written in were from four or so years ago.

i brushed my hand over the page, pushing the dirt that had accumulated, to the side.

the pages read numerous transactions of items from l'manburg. one of the last being...

"quatre of a million tons of tnt to...who is g.nf?" i questioned out loud.

the sale was signed off by w.soot. what was wilbur doing with that amount of explosives? who was he selling them to?

the candle light began to dwindle and i noticed the wick had almost completely burned out.

i rose from my sitting position and picked up the candle, exiting back through the double doors. i shut them closed behind me and began walking back to where i had left karl and quackity.

just as i was about to turn back into the room i noticed part of the ravine lighting up. a set of footsteps bounding down the crumbling stairs from where me and sapnap had entered.

"punz? youre quick- how long was i out for." i chuckled a bit to myself as i awaited the figure that was drawing closer.

something seemed off, the person nearing me seemed taller than the blond and wasnt wearing punzs classic white hood, but some darker fabric covered their face.

by now my candle had completely gone out and i was relying on the lantern that was in the clutches of the tall person walking towards me.

i began to back up once i realised it wasnt who i expected it to be. my heart began to race as i froze in place.

the person stopped a few feet in front of me, dropping the lantern to the cavern floor. the metal clanked against the stone and broke at the contact.

"karl-" i breathed out, the cloaked form before me launched forward to cup my mouth.

i frantically clawed at their arm, attempting to back away.

"shh please-" they mumbled, using their free hand to uncover their face.

the dim light showed off a familiar freckled face, shadows casting around the scar over the bridge of his nose.

his soft, fern green eyes bore into mine.

a/n- thank you for all the birthday wishes <33 hope you enjoy this chapter,, vote n comment <33