XVII

i settled into his embrace, his toned arms wrapped around my body pressing me tight to his chest.

resting his chin on top of my head, he hummed.

"any better?"

i nodded, snuggling against his hot frame. immediately i began to warm up, as the dark haired male caressed my back.

"so..." sapnap trailed off.

i angled my head to look up at him, his eyes were soft and he was chewing his lip.

"yeah?"

"there's this ball happening- in the smp kingdom, this week-"

"what about it?" i sat up, arms wrapped around his torso.

"would you go? do ya think you'd come?" he swiped his tongue over his slightly chapped lips.

sapnap looked at me in anticipation, droplets of water clinging onto strands of his dark hair.

"would it be safe- ive never met the king i wouldn't want something out of my control to happen-" i frowned.

"hey- no i won't let the king hurt you- if that's what you're worried about."

my frown was replaced quickly with a smirk.

"that's not what you would've said when you first met me, pointing your sword at me and all." i chuckled at my own comment.

in turn sapnaps eyebrows furrowed faintly, he removed one of his hands from my back and brought it to cup my cheek.

"you know that was a mistake, and... things are different now."

my features softened, i settled back into sapnaps embrace, as he ran a hand through my hair.

we sat in a comfortable silence, sapnaps arms holding me in a protective manor as the storm died out.

after an hour or so sapnap spoke up.

"alright- im gonna take you home. maybe next time we can do something fun." he hummed sadly.

"i enjoyed this, sap." i indicated, looking at our current position.

he smiled, letting go of our embrace to put his armour back on.

a wave of cold hit my body, and i began shivering. my clothes were still damp and my body felt weak.

i glanced up to the male who stood above me, a worried expression on his face. he quickly scooped me up, mounting the horse with me in his arms.

i clung onto his body, attempting to absorb any heat he was radiating through the cool armour.

we began galloping off back to l'manburg, the rain was lighter than before but still managed to soak my cloak.

as we traveled the clouds dispersed and the moon became visible again. illuminating the walls that we were nearing.

we reached the gates and sapnaps horse came to a screeching halt. he swiftly jumped down, lifting me down soon after.

the light patter of rain hit the ground as sapnap steadied my wobbling body.

"are you okay to get back yourself? do you need help?" genuine concern laced his voice.

"ill be okay- thank you." i gave him a quick hug before pulling away and slowly walking through the l'manburg gates.

i turned around to see sapnap galloping off on his horse, and that's when i dropped to my knees.

i couldn't stand anymore, my face felt hot and my body ached. i looked up at the familiar clock tower that read, 2:36am.

i was out in that storm for hours- i guess it could have been worse, sapnap helped a lot.

i dragged myself up, hobbling over to my current place of residence. the weight of my wet clothes dragged me down as i reached the door.

i knocked frantically on the spruce wood door, as i curled up on the steps.

a lantern illuminated from inside, quiet footsteps reached the door. it was creaked open to reveal niki, a blanket wrapped around her small frame.

she gasped, gently flinging the door open and helping me up. the girl shed the blanket, quickly enveloping me in it.

"what happened- are you okay y/n?" she asked in a hushed tone, frantically checking my temperature.

i coughed lightly, flopping my head down to rest on her shoulder.

"please don't tell wil."

a/n- ayo sapnap simps rise. also niki content next chapter because she's a queen <3 vote n comment!