Chapter 1: Sophie

**disclaimer for throughout this whole book—some things I would 100% like to change cause they're not realistic or I'm just like crying inside looking at it, but I'd like to keep everyone's experience of reading this relatively similar, which is why I haven't taken some things out. I hope you enjoy!**

I woke up this morning being poked by Biana. 

"Ugh, Bi! Go back to you room and learn the meaning of the word sleep!"

"I can't Soph! You're on the report in an hour!" 

I shot out of bed. One hour? I called for my maids, who were also my friends. Flori, Linh, and Calla. 

"I'm so sorry for sleeping in guys, can you help me get ready super fast today?"

They all nodded. Linh ran off to draw the bath, Flori literally sprinted to my closet searching for the perfect outfit, and Calla set up my makeup and hair products. Biana pulled me over to my bathroom and told me to be quick. When I got out of the shower I slipped on a silk robe and walked over to my vanity. Linh did my hair while Biana instructed Calla how exactly to do my makeup. I quickly admired the good job they did today and walked over to where Flori was holding out a beautiful red dress and silver heels. I slipped them on and again looked at myself in the mirror. 

________________________________________________

Me and Biana ran through the castle. Well, as fast as we could go in heels at least. And without tripping more than the three times id already tripped. When we got to the screening room, I slipped into my seat just in time to hear the producer whisper, 

"And we're on!" 

I heard the host of the report say, 

"Hello, it's Forkle, and today we have some big news in the Illéa royal family palace. Princess?"

"Yes." I said. "As some of you may already know, I recently passed half a year of being 17. My father's advisor has brought it to the royal family's attention that if I am not married before I turn 18, my little brother, Prince James claims the crown. And, sorry Prince James, but I would like to be Queen."

I smiled and continued.

"And seeing how I am not in a relationship currently, the royal family will be hosting a selection. Please send your entry's in by the end of the week. Please also note that we will not be accepting applications from males out of the 17-19 age range. With the help of my friends and family, I will be personally selecting 35 of the applicants to come to the palace for the selection. Thank you for your time." 

As the report went off air, I walked over to James. James was 3 years younger than me, but I still love him, and he's pretty fun most of the time. 

"Hey Jamie. We still having a water gun fight today in the garden?" 

James nodded and asked me,

"Can Biana, Linh, and Marella play to?"

"If they want to, of course!"

"Go ask them!"

I smiled. 

"Ok Jamie, but make sure you finish the homework Madam Maxine gave us. She's not someone you want to displease." 

I hugged him and walked back to my room. 

Sophie's Dress

Sophie's Shoes

Sophie's Shoes

Sophie's Hair

Sophie's Makeup

Sophie's Makeup