Chapter 46: Keefe

I just read the last 5 chapters to refresh my memory i I'm like tearing up idk how y'all are handling this I MADE MYSELF WANT TO CRY 😭😭😭. Ok anyway—

"What are you looking at?" 

"You."

She laughed. "Fair enough. Let's rephrase that. Why are you looking at me?" 

"Why are you looking at me?"

She laughed again, the golden flecks in her brown eyes sparkling. My mouth parted a little in awe at this beautiful woman in front of me. 

"Why do you always answer a question with another question?"

"You mean like you just did?"

"You did it again!" 

Now she just laughed and laughed and her smile, her laugh, they were so infectious I started grinning as I watched her being so freely happy. 

"Sorry, sorry," she apologized, calming down.

A piece of her blonde hair fell in front of her face, and without even thinking I reached up and tucked it behind her ear. 

"Please don't apologize for laughing," I said as I scanned her features.

She sucked in a breath as my hand brushed her cheek and looked straight into my eyes.

"Hi," she whispered.

"Hi," I whispered back. 

She leaned closer to me at the same moment I leaned towards her, and we kept moving forward until—

"Hey. Wake up. Dude, wake. Up. I swear if you don't wake up—"

I groaned. "Goooo awayyyyy."

I heard snapping next to my face. I opened my eyes slightly, my vision still blurred from sleep, I saw a hand with long agile fingers, hot pink painted nails, and brown skin. 

"Wake. Up!" The voice snapped. 

I groaned again. 

"What do you want Nevaeh?"

Nevaeh is one of the younger Neverseen members. That's what we call ourselves. When I say 'ourselves' I mean the the group devoted to destroying the royalty by all means necessary. Now, Nevaeh's been here longer than me, but we're around the same age. But—that's not important. What is important is that she's come straight from hell. And no, I don't have a good reason other than she ALWAYS WAKES ME UP AT 5 IN THE MORNING!!! FIVE AM. Who needs to wake up that early? Not me!!! Other than that she's great. Most of the time. 

"I want you to stop crying in your sleep and waking me up with your sobs."

I paused, ignoring the whole 'crying in my sleep' part. Plus she just moved into my room because her old room got turned into another gym so I don't know why she was complaining. "Wait. So it's not 5 am?" 

Nevaeh made a sound like a stifled scream. "No." She gritted out. "It's 2 am. And you woke. Me. Up."

I turned onto my back and grinned up at her, meeting her sharp blue eyes. She shifted and little, a weird look crossing her face. 

"Don't look at me like that." 

My grin faded into a smirk. "Like what?"

"You looked up at me grinning like a devil."

"Sorry."

She arched a brow. "You don't sound sorry."

I grinned again. "I'm not. Now let me go back to sleep, I still have three good hours until you, the psychopath, wake me up again." I reached over and turned the lamp off. Through the dark I saw her throw up her hands as I murmured, "Your the devil here anyway." 

"Sure." I heard her mutter before I drifted back off to sleep, completely forgetting my dream, and the beautiful blonde women in it. 

Ok where are my Swifties guys. Pls tell me you noticed the line in the chapter. It's literally my favorite line in all of Cruel Summer istg 🔥. Some of y'all point it out for those who can't find it and if no one can find it I'll just tell you ig 😭. Anyway hope you liked it, I enjoyed writing it <3