Chapter 47: Keefe

I slowly opened my eyes, groaning softly. A soft light dimly lit the room. The quiet clink of a cup of coffee being put down. I looked around, squinting from the light.

"Nevaeh?"

"Keefe." I heard and saw Nevaeh nod her head. I laughed under my breath. That's more than I usually got when she was reading. I sat up, running my fingers through my hair. 

"Whatcha reading?"

She lifted up the book and put it back down, still reading. I caught the flash of the cover—People We Meet On Vacation.

"Isnt that like that futuristic book about a world with no royalty, just normal people?"

She nodded slowly—still reading—before saying, "yeah. It's also a romance. A pretty strange one to. It's not arranged, they're not scorned for who they love, and there's no outer power. There's this place called New York to. And these things called cars." 

Honestly the only time I ever saw Nevaeh truly happy was when she was reading. It was...nice...to see her happy. Caught up in my thoughts, I didn't notice Nevaeh glancing at the clock before jumping up and muttering some, uh, colorful words. I glanced over at the clock and my mouth dropped open. 

9am? And I JUST NOW woke up?

I looked back over at Nevaeh, who was scrambling to get her uniform on. "You didn't wake me up?" I asked, incredulous.

Her face flushed as she stopped for a second. "I thought I'd let you sleep, given...last night."

Oh yeah. My apparent crying in my sleep. I just stared at her before she snapped, "Well? Get. Up! We're going to be late to the meeting today!"

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

After a very quick styling of my hair, and a short run to the run to the cavern, which was just a big area for all the Neverseen members to meet. Almost everyone was there, so Nevaeh and I blended into the group of people at the back just in time for my mom, and our leader, to start talking. 

She was basically just going on and on about our next mission, about how this was one of the most important missions, it was going to be the start of the monarchy's downfall, blah blah BLAH. I wasn't paying attention. Until I heard say, "It's time to start the selection of people to go on the mission."  

The room spun as moments flashed before my eyes.

"Welcome selected!"

"Keefe, How would you feel about being the first date of the selection? Meet me at the stables at midnight. I have a plan - don't worry. Sophie"

"The biggest elimination ever held in a selection."

"all the selected were here...no Sophie...Why wasn't she here?...I tried to run over to the door, but some guards held me back."

"Princess. Princess Sophie. Princess Sophie Foster. Princess Sophie Foster-Ruewen."

I opened my eyes back up, and the room stopped spinning, but only as everything faded into black.

Hiii! I hoped you liked that, and I actually do enjoy writing Nevaeh tho...she's a fangirl to haha. Anyone ever read People We Meet On Vacation? I LOVE that book sm. 

Also, hear me out. I'm thinking once I finish (at least) one of my two stories (Something Immortal, or this story) I might start a Sokeefe Oneshot book. Thoughts?

bye <3 have a lovely day!