Chapter 2: Sophie

When I got back to my room, all my friends were sitting on my bed, watching the TV broadcast of the report I was just on. When I opened the door, they jumped up and bombarded me with questions, asking if I was ok with the selection and questions like that. Biana was there to, and asked me an important question that i didn't really want to answer but did anyway for some reason. 

"You said that you weren't in a current relationship. What about my brother?"

I hesitated before saying,

"Look, Biana I'm sorry. I-I saw Fitz with Princess Marella during the Winter ball. He-He and her were...kissing. They were together. And it broke my heart, but I've just been ignoring him instead of breaking up with him."

Biana's hands clenched, so mad at her brother for doing that to me. And that's when we heard a knock on my door. Then another pound. Too hard for it to be a guard or anyone else. Fitz. I shooed everyone into my closet and said, "Come in!" Fitz burst in an angry look on his face.  

"NOT IN A RELATIONSHIP? WHAT ABOUT ME SOPHIE?" 

My anger grew. My face turned increasingly red.

"I'M NOT IN A RELATIONSHIP ANYMORE FITZ! DO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY? TWO WORDS. PRINCESS. MARELLA." 

His anger melted. 

"Sophie... look, that wasn't my fault! She kissed me!"

I snorted, and threw a disgusted look at him. 

"Yeah right. I'm not blind Fitz! I saw you and her before you kissed and you leaned in first. I'm NOT an idiot. And now I'm not your girlfriend either. GUARDS!"

I called the guards to escort him back to his room, and as my anger deflated, I sat down and started to cry. My friends emerged from the closet and comforted me. We sat there for a while before it was time for everyone to get some sleep. We were choosing the candidates for the selection in a week and I still had a lot to do.