Chapter 21: Keefe

Hey Guys! Sorry I haven't updated in a while.

It's been about a week since Fitz was eliminated. Today was another elimination. The biggest elimination ever held in a selection. 9 people. I guess Foster knew who she didn't want. But Foster had been going on dates everyday the past week. I hadn't been alone with her since Fitz attacked her, and I miss her. Since today was another elimination, I can't help but wonder if I'll be one of the nine she's eliminating. 

Knock, knock.

A guard walked in and announced that the Princess was calling us to the dining hall. I couldn't help but notice the tightness in his voice, and wonder why. But I simply ignored it, and walked to the dining hall. Foster stood up and the hall fell silent. 

"Hello selected. It has been brought the my attention that I have yet to eliminate more than one person."

I swear she glanced at the table with the King and Queen's advisor and pursed her lips for a second unhappily.

"So, I've been getting to know all of you, and I am sorry to say that i will be eliminating 9 of you. If I do not say your name, you are safe and may stay. Charlie Parks, Zachary Hunts, Chris Hall, Sam Marshall, Nathen Rivera, Jake Woods, Matt Taylor, Wyatt Miller, and Robin Phillips. I'm sorry. Please go back to your rooms and pack your stuff. Also, please be out of the palace by tonight. Thank you." 

She then got up with pursed lips, eyes on the floor and walked out of the hall. I sighed in relief, and got up and followed Foster out the door. I walked to her room and knocked on the door. 

"Come in!" A melodic voice answered. Sophie's voice. 

I walked in and she didn't turn from looking out of her balcony. 

"Hey Keefe." She said quietly. 

I stopped. "How'd you know it was me?" 

She looked at me and and smiled weakly. "I knew if anyone came it'd probably be you or Biana and Biana always wears heels." 

I sat down next her and hesitated before tentatively placing an arm around her shoulders. She leaned into me. I opened my mouth and closed it again. Then I said, 

"Why didn't you eliminate me?"

She pulled away and stared at me. She bit her lip, debating whether or not to do what she was thinking. I looked at her in confusion, and she sighed. She leaned towards me and kissed me. I felt like I could fly. I'd thought the past week maybe I'd been falling in love with her, but I'd pushed the thought away. Nearly 35 other guys were competing for her hand. What do I have to offer? She pulled away and I couldn't believe that had just happened. What happens now

Hey Guys! Hope you liked that! Thanks your 2K views! ☺️

-LoveBooks151515