Chapter 42: Sophie

Sorry for the train wreck but I have my thoughts mostly under control at the moment.

Biana helped me wipe the tears off my cheeks and look like I hadn't been crying. I walked out of Biana's room, intent on going to find Fitz, and ending up running straight into him. 

"Oh. Hey Fitz." I looked into his questioning eyes. "Can we go somewhere and talk?"

He nodded slowly and followed me into the garden. We sat down and I started.

"Look...Fitz...you were my first love, and you will always have a piece of my heart, but I can't stay with you out of habit. It's not fair to you, and honestly...we aren't the best match for each other. This relationship we have...it's toxic, and not good for either of us. I wish you all the best in life but I think it'd be better for both of us if we went our separate ways. I'm so so sorry for everything that happened along the way, and if I hurt you. I really am."

After a beat of silence I slowly got up and started to walk away when Fitz caught my wrist gently and I turned towards him. 

He smiled softly, saying, "We had a good run didn't we?" You're right, he meant.

I nodded as I smiled to.

"I'm sorry to. All the best to you Sophie." His smile changed to a soft, knowing smile. Be happy, even if it's with him, he meant.

Tears sprang into both of our eyes. 

"Goodbye Fitz." I whispered as I walked away for the last time.

So! That was me *attempting* to devillianze (yes it's a word I just made it up) Fitz, so yeah. 👍🏻