Chapter 41: Sophie

"C'mon Sophie, I know you can reinstate me in the selection! Why won't you is the question?"

"Fitz. I. Can. Not. I've already apologized a million times and tried to forget about it...but I think you forgot a little to much. I said some pretty horrible things about you and...and it would be such a scandal, that I can't deal with right now, now stop. Bothering. Me. About. It."

He recoiled, a glimmer of hurt In his eyes. I felt bad for a minute, until the light from the window we were walking past flashed in his eye and it looked—

I choked on my breath for a second and tears started pooling in my eyes.

They looked ice blue.

Ever since that day, I couldn't get Keefe out of my head. He'd said he loved me. And I remembered feeling like...like I loved him. And I-I told him, that I couldn't. Which was technically true, because if I dumped or disappointed Fitz, or broke his heart...I don't know what he'd do. But...

I don't know. 

I can't, I can't get my feelings straight. 

But I know I miss Keefe. So, so much. And I'm in a constant state of being terrified that something happened to him other than a dagger to the thigh.

"I-I...I have to go." 

I turned away from Fitz, and walked as fast as I could away from him, and I ran straight into someone.

I looked up as tears streamed down my face and saw chocolate brown hair and teal eyes. 

Really? It had to be Fitz I run into whiling I'm sobbing through the halls.

Wait. I left Fitz back by the wall of windows...which means...

"B-Biana."

"Woah, woah, woah, what happened Soph? C'mon, my rooms right here."

She led me into her room, which she'd just came out of. I don't know how much time passed, but it all came pouring out. What happened, what Keefe told me, Fitz's eyes, how I can't stop thinking about Keefe. Biana listened, and asked me, 

"Ok, answer these questions. Do you feel happier around him?"

I sniffled. "Yeah. I mean he makes me feel like I'm just a normal girl to."

She smiled. "Do you think he's cute?"

I stared at her as I hugged one of her pink pillows. "I mean, I guess. I've never really though about it. But I do love that mischievous glint in his ice blue eyes, that cute little smirk, and his blonde hair that's always perfectly messy."

She grinned again. "Did you get excited to see him before dates or hang outs?"

"Yes."

"Do you miss him?"

"So, so much."

"Is he on your mind a lot?"

I looked at her. "What are you getting at?"

She sighed. "Just answer the question."

I stifled a sigh. "Always."

"Can you be yourself around him?"

"Definitely."

"Are you interested in anyone else?"

"I—I mean I'm kind of with Fitz...?"

"That's not what I asked."

"...no. I feel like I have to be this perfect princess around Fitz and if I make a mistake or keep something personal from him, or screw up in any way, out relationship is jeopardized."

She smiled sadly, and I continued. 

"But...Fitz was my first love. My first everything. And...he will always hold a memory of a place in my heart. No matter what he does, or I do. But...Keefe has my heart. Now...and forever."

Biana brightened, and threw her arms around me.

"I want you to be happy, Soph. Follow your heart. Follow it to Keefe."

"Biana..."

"I know, i know, I'm the bestest, bestie you could ever have. But I'm serious. Find him. And tell him the truth. The whole truth. Oh and dump my piece-of-crap brother while your at it."

We giggled, but then my expression turned serious. 

"I will. I'll do all of that."

I'm gonna keep apologizing for leaving y'all on a cliffhanger for so long. But I also wanna tell you I, cringing at how confusing this story is. So basically I realized having Fitz completely out of the picture would be no fun, and then I think I wrote Sophie telling Keefe she loved him or something, and ugh I'm literally confused by my own fricking story. Let's pretend that never happened, and see what comes next. 👍🏻 Love you guys😙