Chapter 50: Keefe

Memories had been plaguing my mind for what felt like days now. 

"It's Foster." I looked at her. "What?" "You asked me what my last name was."

                                                        ~~~~~~~

"What's wrong Foster?" She laughed slightly at the nickname. 

                                                         ~~~~~~~

I walked up to the most beautiful girl I've ever see. Casual, my tie a little loose, and perfectly styled hair. I smirked, hopefully looking less like these stuck up princes or wannabe kings. I kissed her hand, looking right in her gorgeous brown eyes. Tingles went up my arm. I tried to brush it off.

There were so many it felt like a lifetime had past. But all lives come to and end. So I woke up on the floor, surrounded by my fellow rebels. I saw Nevaeh's for once worried face hovering above me. I saw my mothers face, hard as she she snapped my name. I gave Nevaeh a look as I saw her glare at my mom. 

"Keefe! Get up! Stop disturbing things. This was an important meeting. You're to sit through the rest of the meeting before you go to the infirmary." 

Hurt flickered through me as I nodded and muttered my understanding to her. She rolled her eyes and snapped at everyone to go back to attention. My ears rung as I tried to pay attention to the meeting but all I could think of was the beautiful blonde girl I couldn't forget. The only thing I could never remember from my dreams was her name. She was just there. Blonde hair, brown eyes, gold flecks. 

I only noticed my surroundings once everyone else started to file out, and noticing the stares, I gave everyone my signature smirk. I tried to look towards my mom for something, anything in her state, but she was already buried in plans. 

Defeated, I started towards the infirmary, Nevaeh in tow. 

"So what was that man? You looked like you were about to start crying like a baby unconsciously again." 

"Just leave it alone Nevaeh."

As the hallway emptied out, she stood in front of me. "No! You're going to tell me what's going on!"

"Nevaeh leave me alone!" 

"Keefe!" She gripped my shoulders. "Stop being so stubborn! Why don't you trust me?"

"I do trust you! But I don't even know what I'm seeing and I feel like I'm going insane!"

Silence. Nevaeh's eyes flashed with something I couldn't read but then her face softened and slowly, she wrapped her arms around me. And I don't know if it was just that no one had ever done something so soft and comforting for me, but a sob crawled up my throat. 

" I don't know know what I'm doing."

"I know, I know."

"Am I insane?" I whispered into her neck.

"No Keefe, you're not. C'mon. Let's go check out the infirmary."