Chapter 29: Sophie

This is like my favorite song right now.

 (Edit of this: so I know this is so not Grady I'm just assuming I wrote this on a day I was mad at MY parents so thats probably why it's so out of character👍🏻)

I knew I may as well jump off the balcony as soon as I heard my dad slam the door to my room. 

"WHAT WAS THE SOPHIE? YOU WERE TOLD TO ELIMINATE 10 OF THE SELECTED. WHY CAN YOU NEVER DO AS YOUR TOLD?" 

That last sentence. The last sentence. It hit me in the face as if he slapped me. 

"Really? Really Father?"

I think the cold anger lacing through my voice shut him up. And the fact that I'd called him Father. 

"Do you even know me at all? You should've known better. I thought you'd help me through this selection as my Dad! But apparently all you wanted to be was my king. Ruling over my life." 

He stood there, shocked, watching the tears drip down my face. 

"Get out."

"Now listen here young lady. I am King you cannot just orde-"

"I SAID GET OUT." 

Suddenly the door burst open, and a familiar pair of blue eyes stared in.

No. Not blue-teal. 

"Your Majesty, I heard shouting and-" 

He stopped short when he saw the anger on my face. Then I stormed out of my room. Straight for the Men's room, where I knew my Mother would be. 

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"MOTHER!"

I threw open the doors of the men's room, seeing my Mother talking to the selected. She looked up, confused. 

"Yes, Dear?" 

"How could you? I banished him!"

She stared at me for a moment before understanding dawned in her eyes. 

"Please, let me explain-"

She reached out her hand to stroke my cheek, but I jerked my head away, and stalked out of the room. 

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

When I got back to my room, I saw Fitz sitting on bed, helmet off. 

"Get off my bed," I snapped, no longer having enough energy to scream. 

"Sophie, please, I'm begging you, two minutes just to explain myself." 

I sighed. "Fine. Two minutes."

Then he started. He went on and on about how sorry he was, and how his parents tried to set him up with Marella, and how he was never with her, and the kiss meant nothing, and as much as I wanted to hate him, I felt myself slowly forgiving him. Then I let lose a sob. 

"Oh Fitz..." 

I buried my face in his shoulder and hugged him, crying. He settled into the pillows on my bed, and I lay down on his chest, feeling comforted and safe in his arms, and I slowly fell asleep.

That was sooooo painful to write. I had to imagine I was writing Keefe instead of Fitz. But yeah. That was the chapter!