Chapter 8: Tam

Hmm. Where you expecting it to be Tam? You probably thought it'd be Keefe. I actually did consider doing him but...whatever. 

Every night I go out on my balcony and try to imagine a better life. My twin sister Linh and I have been on the run and orphans for as long as I can remember. I feel bad about entering the selection just for the life and money, but if I won, me and Linh wouldn't have such a bad life. I feel horrible because I'm one of those idiots that is just in it for the money. I don't love the princess, I actually think I like her best friend. Wow that sounded so horrible. But Biana Vacker. She's so beautiful and kind, but she would never look my way. I saw three figures enter the garden, which was strange because it was really late. I saw the noticeable figure with kind brown eyes and golden blonde hair. But then my eyes got caught on the girl with chocolate brown hair and beautiful teal eyes. And the third figure was...my sister? I thought her job was the princesses lady in waiting. I guess they were friends to. They muttered something to the Princess and she threw her hands up into the air. I watched curiously as Biana and my sister climbed a tree. Biana scanned the balconies and her eyes landed on me. She smiled and waved. And my sister, ugh, said something to her that made her cheeks glow a crimson color. Biana lightly slapped her. And then I heard a pretty voice float through the air. Singing. I looked over all the girls faces and it was Sophie that was singing. She had a beautiful voice, I stared down at her in awe. She was really good, I didn't know she could sing. But then the song ended and my eyes followed the girls inside, but not before Biana waved at me, and Linh smiled and stuck her tongue out at me. I just rolled my eyes and went inside to.