Stay

I was a complete coward. I could not go to Emily's. It was embarrassing to wake up in a strangers house after i very stupidly jumped off a cliff and was fortunately rescued by someone. A huge part of me needed to know who that 'someone' was so i could thank them a million times. I got to my feet and left at 10:30 a.m.

Miraculously, i found her house without getting lost much. Now that i was capable of paying attention, i really appreciated the house. It was a big wooden cottage with tons of green around and the forest close by. I wished to live in a house so close to nature. I strode forward with confidence and knocked on the door. That confidence melted when Sam opened the door and i saw three other very muscular men behind him staring at me. It overwhelmed me. "I can come back later" i managed to croak out while mentally cringing at the fact that i had not even greeted them. Emily rushed towards me out of nowhere and said" No,No please come in, the boys are just leaving,aren't they?" She looked to them. Boys? Boys? They were full grown very muscular men! I looked to the 'boys' and froze. He was here, the guy i had very foolishly bumped into yesterday. my heart started racing at full speed and the butterflies in my stomach were running amok. i stepped in as they began to walk out, Sam first. "Sup? We met yesterday." said Jared, he had given me a ride. "Jared? Hi." He laughed and nodded, laughed some more and walked out. The next one was a gentleman "Embry" he said, shook my hand politely and walked out. the last one just briefly made eye contact with me. The butterflies in my belly started an intense gymnastic routine when he looked at me like that. He closed the door behind him. I turned to Emily who was standing there, smiling.

"Hi, I came to return the clothes, assumed they were yours or more like one their's" I absently pointed to the door. "They're Sam's, my fiancé. Please sit." "Congratulations!" i said while sitting on the table. She offered me drinks but i declined. "What happened yesterday? how did i end up here?" i blurted out. She smiled and said that Paul brought me in and she just changed my clothes while sam called Dr. Cullen. Then she informed the police that i was here incase someone came looking. "Paul?" i asked. I needed to thank that amazing person. "The guy with Embry and Jared." I had a feeling my cheeks were blood red because Emily smiled encouragingly. "Have you moved here?" she asked. "No, i came here for work and im going back tomorrow." I stated. She looked sad. I got up from the table and said. "I have to go. Thank you so much for everything." I paused "i have a favour to ask." "Of course" she replied "If i dont see Paul again can you tell him how thankful i am that he saved me?" She agreed. "Thank you" i said "If you ever need anything please call me" I gave her my very own visiting card. I thought they were pretty cringey myself but Mandy insisted that i have them. I walked out the door and Emily called after me "Alexandra, I think you should thank him yourself, stay for a bit longer" i smiled and nodded my head, waved and walked to my car. I released a breath i did not know i was holding. i felt dejected leaving her beautiful house. i drove further and felt dejected leaving her street. I wanted to stay. "Paul" I sad his name, tasting it on my lips. A huge grin devoured my face.

I reached the Motel, changed into a suit and left for the meeting.