Invite

"Wait" He called after me, so i turned to face him. "I had a nice time today" he said, eyes smouldering. "Yeah so did i, Paul." i told him back. "Well, i guess i'll see you later then." i looked at the ground shyly and nodded my head slowly. Paul reached for my hand and pulled it gently to his lips. He kissed my knuckles ever so gently, as if worried he might break me. His lips were warm against my hand despite the cold pouring rain. He let go of my hand and disappointment washed over me due to the sudden absence of heat. Paul gave me one last final look before turning and walking back to his truck, twisting slightly once to give me an attractive wink. I stood frozen on the grass,watching him drive away. I composed myself once his truck was out of sight and jogged in a daze to my room, changed and lay on the bed. The thoughts of Paul never stopped flowing in my head, but they did slow down. I let out a breath and passed into a deep slumber.

I woke to my phone ringing and lazily got out of bed to answer it. "Good morning, Lexi!" It was Emily's kind voice greeting me. "Good Morning Emily." i said back. "If you are not busy today, come over to my place. We will have lunch together, all the guys will be there." As soon as she mentioned the guys, my thoughts drifted back to Paul, his attractive figure, his rumble like voice, his kind intentions. I doubted a second had passed. "Uh, yeah Emily i would love to, but my car broke down and i don't know how i am going to reach there." The residential area started at least 3 kilometers from here. "Oh! Don't Worry, someone will pick you up. Be ready by 12:15." My heart filled with delight and i said "Okay, Thanks a lot" She replied "No problem" and hung up. I checked the time and it was 9:45 am. I ordered some coffee and answered some emails. Then i decided to facetime Mandy and Rick. They would probably be watching movies on the couch. Turns out i was right, Rick answered and a smile devoured his face as he yelled "Mandy!" she came running with an big bowl of popcorn in her arms. "Oh my god! Hi Baby" i smiled and replied "Hi" They asked me what has been up and i quickly filled them in. I might have mentioned Emily and the guys and a tiny bit of Paul but it couldn't slip past them. "So, these guys...... how old are they, do they have a job. I mean are they nice?" Rick asked hesitantly. "These guys, they are like one big family and they are always together. A lot of fun, thats what they are. I don't know if they have a job, never asked. Besides i've only met some of them once, others twice or thrice." i explained messily. There really was no explanation for the boys. They were different from each other but together, like a pack. "How many are there and how old are they?" Mandy pressed. "7 or 8 and they are like steps of stairs, Sam is i think 23 and Seth is the youngest, maybe 15." i said "Oh wow!" Mandy exclaimed. We talked for a few more minutes and Mandy told me i might have to meet with William James again. We ended the call and i began to get ready.

I debated with myself for 15 minutes before deciding on wearing something casual. A firm knock on the door shook me. I opened it to see Seth Clearwater standing there, smiling. "Sorry, I am early." He apologised.