Embrace

I came up to inhale deeply and wrapped my arms around his shoulders and pressed my body to his. I can't believe I just swam underwater. "You're alive" he whispered into my ear erasing any doubt that this was a trance. "Yeah." I said and put my head in the crook of his neck. "Can we back on the sand now?" I asked. "Whatever you want." He smiled at me and we both swam to the shore.

We reached the sand and I sat on the sheet, dripping wet. Paul came and put a towel around my shoulders. "How was it?" And I looked him in the eye and whispered "Beautiful". Soon we were talking and I couldn't stop looking at him. He told me so much about LaPush and things about the other guys. He even let me in on a few secrets. "Are you cold" he asked when I pulled the towel around me tighter. "A little bit" I replied. Unexpectedly, Paul moved towards me and opened his arms. I leaned into his embrace and enjoyed his unique warmth.

Very soon I was cradled like a child, sitting sideways between Paul's legs. My head was on his shoulder and his arms were around me. I could hear his heart beat, a beautiful melody in my ear. We both looked at the sinking sun meeting the ocean waves. The never ending water spread out before us looking calm and content. The sky was washed in saffron and the moon was still in the evening sky. "Let's get some food" Paul whispered into my now dry hair and I nodded but none of us loosened our hold. Then I got up and pulled my dress on. Paul wore his t-shirt and hid his perfection under cloth. We packed up and walked to the truck. I got hold of his hand and leaned against him lazily.