Dinner

"um..... uh...." I was trapped. How could i tell Paul that i was having an emotional moment, a bad flashback. I couldn't. "You don't have to answer me, you know" he said in his naturally charming voice. "Um.. Thanks, for everything. Ever since i came here i have been nothing but i huge mess and you have been nothing but awfully nice. Thank you." He smiled warmly at me and i had a sudden urge to trace my fingers down the side of his face and neck. It was unfamiliar and weird. "Don't mention it." He said. I laughed and replied "That is gonna be hard". I stared at him with fascination and he stared back, making it not as awkward as it should be. "Here is your order, enjoy." The waitress interrupted our staring contest and left. He pushed my iced tea towards me and said "Tell me something, I wanna get to know the girl i saved." i laughed and asked him "What do you wanna know?" "Everything" He replied instantly. "Ask away." i told him.

"Name. Your full name?"

"Alexandra Cathrine Hemsworth" i replied.

"How old are you?"

"18" He started to ask a new question when i stopped him. "I want to get to know you as well, Paul. So lets make a deal- every question you ask me, you have to answer it too." He was sipping on his iced tea, the straw crookedly to the side of his mouth, he raised his left eyebrow and waited before saying "Deal." "So tell me your name, full name and age." I said nonchalantly, trying to ignore how attractive he looked when he raised his eyebrow like that. I could feel my heart beginning to melt.

"Paul Andrew Lahote and i just turned 20" he said and then asked "Where were you born?"

"Amsterdam, Netherlands." and he replied "Right here in LaPush"

He continued to ask me all kinds of random but easy questions as we ate our food. We both got to know each other a little better and it was nice spending time with him. I had mastered the art or reading men over time because i went to so many meetings and dinners with them; I could tell that his loving and caring personality was really him and not some act.

"So why have you come to LaPush"

"For work." i said matter of factly. "Yeah, i got to know that from Emily, but if you don't mind me asking, what kind of work? He questioned.

"i work at a company and i am here because we invested in rain-water harvesting plants and it rains a lot in Forks and LaPush."

"You are only 18" He said and i did not know if it was a question or a statement. "Why do you work like you are 25? Which company?" he asked, confused "Sorry. I didn't mean to pry" he added.

"No, not at all. I work because its my Dad's company and since he passed away 4 years back, i guess that makes it my company and therefore my responsibility to run it, but my adoptive parents have been running it on my behalf. Its called Hemsworth Industries." I concluded my life story in a minute.

"I am so sorry Al, i didn't know" He looked positively heartbroken and i felt guilty for making him sad, even though i know i shouldn't. "Of course you didn't know. My mom passed of cancer when i was 7 and i am telling you this only because i don't want you to feel so guilty again." i paused and looked into his chocolate eyes "Don't be sorry, It was a long time ago and it makes me feel bad about my self." i said. "My mom left my dad when i was really small, i kind of know how it feels when someone says they are sorry. Not that its near the same thing!" he spoke in a stressed tone. A small laugh escaped my mouth as i told him "Don't ever be worried about offending me, i am not that fragile" He eyes met mine for a brief second when he said "Lets get out of here" I agreed. He was going to pay but i threatened him and payed.

We strolled out in the night sky, the rain heavily pouring down. Paul grabbed my hand firmly and said "Run!" So i did, i ran with Paul's strong hand in mine to his pick-up. Frankly, i would have run with him anywhere.