Movie

Paul's Point Of View

She walked down the stairs wearing faded skinny jeans and a red cropped sweatshirt. "Where are we going?" I looked around at the messily placed furniture and blank walls while thinking about something. "Coffee?" I suggested. "I like coffee." She said while coming down the stairs. "Okay babe. Come on." I said and grabbed her hand. "Babe." She mused. "I like the sound of that." She said while batting her long lashes at me. I chuckled. We were just about to head out when she asked "Can I drive? I looked back at her. "You wanna drive the truck?" She shook her head. "I want to drive and take you out in my car. Tired of it being always the other way around." She said. I bit my lip and considered it. "Okay." I agreed. She grabbed her keys that were kept on the armchair thrown near the corner of the room temporarily and walked out the door.

I got into the passenger seat and she slid into the driver's seat, starting the engine with a simple button. Her was nice and comfortable. Who am I kidding? It was pure luxury. The lighting inside was incredible. Every piece of interior was so elegant and sharp, I was shook. The seats were huge and made out of beige leather. The big sunroof and small moonroof let the light in. I put my hand under the seat to adjust it and fit my legs but nothing was there. "The on the door to your right." She spoke, helping me. I pushed it and felt the seat reposition itself. "No gear?" I asked and she replied "Nope, automatic." I let out a laugh and said "I am in love with this car." she smiled at me and then returned her gaze back to the road. I relaxed, much more comfortable than i would be in my truck.

She drove fast. Always two or three kilometres per hour above the speed limit. Soon we were at the coffee place ordering our drinks. After placing our order we went and sat in a sofa seat in the corner. Instead of sitting across me, she slid in next to me. I scooted closer to her and snaked my arm around her waist, lightly resting my hand on her thigh.

"Did you know that grapes light on fire in the microwave." She said and looked at me, our faces barely apart. "No." I whispered and shook my head. With my other hand I held her face and pressed our lips together. She kissed me back instantly. Her lips parted and I could feel her teeth sliding across my lips ever so gently. I sighed, wanting so much more of her. God. Help me.

The waitress put our coffees and left without saying a word. She pulled back, unfortunately. I was ready to go on for hours. We sipped our coffees and shared our tiramisu. Then her phone rang. The caller ID said 'Rick' and it had a picture of him. He was a handsome man. Toned body and full arms. Bright blue eyes and neatly trimmed black beard, the colour same as his hair. "Hello" she said in her beautiful accent and looked at me apoligetically. I smiled and shook my head. "Oh no. No." She said into her phone. "Today?" She asked in stress. "What do we do now? We will have to change the dates. What about the payment?" She asked. I was getting worried. Exactly what had happened. "Okay." She smiled a little. "Yeah, Okay. Bye, love you." She said and hung up. Took at deep breath and looked at me.

"What's wrong?" I asked. "Work." She replied. I nodded and took the last bite of tiramisu in my spoon and put it in her mouth. She laughed and tried to swallow at the same time. She closed her eyes and leaned back into me, resting her head on my shoulder. "Let's watch a movie." She said. "There aren't any good ones in the theatre." I said. "No,not in the theatre. At home, on the couch. Netflix, Paul." I smirked and saw a blush rise to her face. I loved her so much.

We were on the couch. Watching 'Brave.' It was her favourite Disney movie. She had changed into a lose shorts and a huge hoodie. It really was too big for her. My head was on her bare lap and her hands were playing with my hair. I turned and asked out of curiosity. "Whose is this?" While pulling on her sweatshirt. "Rick. I take all his clothes." I nodded despite not really understanding why she would wear it.

Soon the movie was going to be over and Alex had fallen a sleep. I loved her. I loved her name. Alexandra, Alex, Al, Lexi, Lex, Andy. I could call her so many things, including Dear, Sweetheart, Darling, Baby. It was late and I had to leave for patrol. My desire to spend time with my girl had resulted in me doing most of the night shifts. I barely got any sleep. I got off the couch and switched the T.V off. I turned to Al and lifted her up, carrying her to her bedroom.

Her room was still absolutely blank with only a king size bed in the centre. It was her second day her and last night she slept on an air mattress. I knew because I watched her. The windows had no curtains and I could clearly see what was going on. The guys on patrol screamed at me and told me to stop staring at her which was the only reason I left and also because I didn't wanna risk getting on Sam's bad side. I turned and took a step to walk outside her room.

"Paul." She whispered. I turned and bent down next to her. "Stay."