Sweeter

I twisted the band around my finger. Paul had given me a ring, as a token of his love. It was all very romantic, I must say. He had slid it onto my middle finger, and said that it wasn't really a birthday gift, but something that he had wanted to give to me for a long time. I'd kissed him.

And now, as I spoke to him over the phone, I couldn't help but run my fingers over the warm metal. "I'm reaching in five, baby." He said, and I cut the call.

After Paul had left, I stayed in France for one and a half week, then I'd gone home to Mandy and Rick, finishing up the work for the rainwater harvesting plants. Then yesterday, I came to La push, as I had a meeting, and also because I simply missed Paul so much. After, his shift, he spent the whole evening with me, and the entire night.

But today, when I woke up, the bed was empty. He said he had some work, so I did stuff of my own.

And now, I was eagerly waiting for Paul to come, as we were going night clubbing, at a place just before Port Angeles. I was excited, so I wore an exciting dress, one that Paul would appreciate, and took my coat in my hand, stuffing my wallet, and car keys into its pocket. I wanted him to see the dress first, just in case.

I heard him pull up, and the opening of the front door as he came in. "Alexandra!" He yelled.

"I'm here." I said with a giggle. And turned around to show him the back of the .

"Al—." He said. Then he looked down, soft red spots blooming on his cheeks. "No. I—" He released a breath and looked at me, his eyes travelling down my face, my collarbones, my chest, my stomach, my legs. Then all the way back up.

He closed the distance between us in three paces, and took my face in his hand, the other at my waist. "I love the dress." He whispered. "In fact, you should wear it all the time, when it's just the two of us. Alone." A soft laugh escaped my lips, as I wrapped my hands around him, pressing every inch of his body against mine, feeling all of him.

"I'll be wearing a coat." I murmured, liking his reaction to the dress. "And the coat won't come off?" He asked.

"No, no. I don't think it will." I couldn't control my smile. Even I knew it was a bit much.... but I liked it. I liked the dress.

"How about we stay home tonight. You can wear the dress all you want. You can even take it off, if you like." Paul kissed my neck, and shivers went up my spine.

I took two steps back, and gave him my sweetest smile. Then I reached down, and pulled the cloth up over my head, and off my body. "I'll take it off, but I'm not staying home tonight." I said.