Home

"So what do you have in mind?" Rick asked. Mandy couldn't be here today. "I was thinking an L-shaped couch and a pair of armchairs." Rick nodded.

We had just bought a house, my house and now we were looking for furniture in different stores. Gradually we had driven 2 hours away and still had only decided on a few things. "We don't have to find everything today, you know. For the first couple of days you will have to live out of boxes, Lex." Rick told me with a laugh.

My phone rang. "Hey! Coming over today?" It was Emily. "Hi. I can't come over today. I am going back to finalise some stuff." I told her. Unfortunately I couldn't move to LaPush in a flash and living in a motel would be stupid. Besides I could stay away from Paul a bit longer since I would get to be with him all the time after I shifted. "When will we see you again?" I thought of it and answered "Maybe a couple of days this time." Emily sighed and said "Come back as soon as possible, okay?" "Okay." I replied.

A couple of days had passed and now we were driving to LaPush. I was sitting in the back texting Paul. Mandy and Rick were in the other car. God, I was so fucking excited, I couldn't even stop smiling. I looked back to see the moving truck far behind us, moving sluggishly. But at least it was there! I wanted to tell the driver to drive faster but I had to be patient. Any faster than this would mean a ticket.

I knew I should not be using my phone,my temples were already paining but I just couldn't stop texting Paul. I could tell he was very delighted but not as much as me. I was the happiest soul on this earth. I hesitantly switched my phone off.

A while later we reached the house and I got out of the car to face my vanilla white abode. It was big and clean cut. The windows and door perfect and neat. The roof forming an 'A' on the top. The window sills were beige, matching the colour of the door. This two storey building was surrounded by heavy green trees. This house was so simple and beautiful, I could imagine living here for a long time. I walked to the cozy porch and unlocked the door. The inside was just as lovely as the outside. The huge windows let the light stream in and I could see the forest from every window. This empty space was huge but it seemed even bigger because of the one side open kitchen. The kitchen was comfortably large with a wide entrance. The wooden flooring did not creak under my feet, or maybe it did, too quiet to hear. I rushed up the stairs to an open space with a huge window. To the right started a hall which led to the three bedrooms. Each bedroom had its own bathroom and balcony.

I was going to pass out of excitement. I took a deep breath and put my forehead against the wall.