Desire

Paul's Point Of View

I enveloped her gentle hand in mine and ran to my truck. I helped her get in as quickly as possible and got in myself but the speed was of no good, we both were drenched heavily. I began driving. She started rubbing her hands together and put them under her thighs in an attempt to keep them warm. "Are you cold?" I asked and she responded "No, not really." I smiled and said "You're a bad liar." I offered my hand and she easily took it. I wrapped my strong fingers around her hand and secured it in mine. The contact send chills up my spine and every nerve inside me was filled with utter joy. I wanted so bad to tell her what I am. to tell her that she is my soulmate. I wanted to touch her skin and feel her lips on mine, but i couldn't, not yet. I would have to be happy with her hand in mine right now. And how could i not be? Even a picture of her smiling would make my heart drop in my shoes. "Wow" she said and i looked to her. "You're really hot." "Thanks." i said and winked at her. Her cheeks reddened as she protested "No, i didn't mean it like that!" She started laughing and the sound of her happiness sent me over the moon. It was so soothing and melodic, i wanted to record it and play it on repeat.

"Drive slower, Paul" she told me as i came back to the road from my thoughts of the girl beside me. "How long do you plan on staying?" I asked. I didn't want her to leave so soon. Hell, i did not want her to leave at all. "I want to live here forever, but before i do that, I need to live here for a week. If i can do that, then maybe we will buy a house here." she said. I rubbed the back of her left hand with my thumb. "What are the chances?" I asked, hoping she won't notice the longing in my voice. "The chances are pretty good. Our present project, the rain water harvesting one, needs a lot of direct monitoring. Plus Mandy and Rick want me to have a life outside of work." I sighed in relief. "Mandy and Rick?" i queried "My adoptive parents, Amanda and Richard Carrington." I nodded my head in understanding. "Back to the motel, i suppose?" and she replied "Yeah." We drove in silence for the next few minutes.

"Whats your favourite colour" i asked randomly, yearning to hear her voice again. "Grey." "Why?" I asked instantly "Because it is pretty. It is a mix of two things, not necessarily colour, but other stuff as well. Good or bad, white or black, sunny or snowy. Grey is rainy." She said intensely. I got a feeling most people didn't understand her thoughts the way she wanted them to. "Rainy. Do you like the rain?" She looked at me as if i was the dumbest person on earth before composing her expression and saying "I love the rain" with so much fondness and delight I suddenly wished that she would love me half as much as she loved the rain. I wanted to be hers so bad it hurt.

"Do you like video games?"

"I like playing car racing games on my xbox if that counts"

"It counts. Not to brag but i am pretty good at 'Forza motorsport'." I playfully boasted.

"Not to brag but my best is 'Forza Motorsport' " She said and smiled at me coyly. My heart was surely going to explode.

We reached the motel and she thanked me generously. "Do you have a tattoo?" i asked curiously. "Going too fast, are we" She countered and leaped out of the truck. I felt blood rush to my face. God, she was sexy. "Wait." I scrambled out the truck after her.