Leaving

"Are you serious?" I asked, shocked.

"The pack needs me." he said simply.

"The Pack always needs you." I tried not to snap, and pinched the bridge of my nose.

Why, out of all the days in his life, did Paul have to go back to LaPush right now, to help fight some vampires? I take a step back and sit on the bed.

"We can do this some other time." He insists.

"It's my birthday Paul, it's not going to come some other time."

"Baby, I know." He grabs my face in his hands so gently, that my eyes flutter close. "I'm so sorry. I promise I'll make it up to you somehow." He says, kissing my cheek, and pulling me in for a hug. I wrap my arms around him, as he stands in front of me. My head reaches his stomach, and I rest it against his hard, bare muscles.

"Is it dangerous?" I whisper. I don't want to lose him, ever. "Of course not. Vampires are weak. I'll rip each of their limbs from their body and set them on fire before they have a chance to blink. Then I'll come home and kiss you."

I inhale his scent, smiling at his little fantasy.

"You owe me. A ton." I place a kiss on his stomach, then let my teeth lightly sink into the skin of his torso. His grip on my shoulders tightens, and he make a low sound in the back of his throat. I dig my fingers into his back and trail my tongue over my slight bite mark. "Do that again." He says, twisting my hair is his fingers.

"No. I have to get ready for lunch." I sit back and look up at him, smirking.

"We have some time." He says, eyeing my naked body.

"That we do." I agree

He slowly pushes me back on the bed, and my fingers pull at the drawstring of his shorts. He takes them off and climbs over me, one strong arm next to my head, the other he slides behind my lean waist, placing his warm hand on the small of my back and lifts me up. My body arches as he places delicious kisses everywhere.

sorry for updating so late.