Oath

Paul's Point Of View

I woke up when she shifted in my arms, her soft skin parting from mine. She was lying on her side, her back towards me. The sheets were gathered below her cinched waist, her shoulders displaying the barest movement of her breathing. She had a toned and muscled dorsal, the dimples at the bottom extremely attractive.

"If you're done staring, can we... Or are your skills not the best?" She had asked me last night. But there was nothing to stare at. I mean, there was a lot to stare at, just hardly any light to do it. I had pulled back to steady myself, to prevent myself from dying in glee. We were naked together. I wanted to please her. I wanted to be better than William or any other guys she might have done this with. The thought of Lex being touched by someone in this way filled me with rage. But now she was mine and I was hers.

I slid out of bed as silently and motionlessly as I could and grabbed my phone from the armchair by the bathroom door. I checked the time, it was half past eight in the morning, so I quickly messaged Jared, asking him to cover my shift for patrol. I couldn't afford to leave right now.

I walked over to the window and pulled back the first layer of her blue floral curtains and let the sheer white layer stay in its place after I shifted it to take the outside scene in. The sky, for once, was absolutely clear, shining a sparkly blue. The ground was paler than any bloodsucker; it was covered in deep snow. The trees and each of their leaves were white. I let the cloth fall and came back to bed, watching her.

She shifted once again, now lying flat on her back, one hand placed on her stomach, the other resting loosely on the pillow above her head. My breath came out in a harsh puff, and never went in again. How could someone be so beautiful, and how could that someone be mine. She was an angel deep in a peaceful slumber. Her every curve, every ridge seemed to be painted by the world's greatest artist.

I looked at her face, eyelids fluttering, her dark lashes resting softly against her high cheekbones, Her irresistible lips slightly parted. Her breath came out slow and even. My eyes went down to her breasts. The rose in fell along the tide of her breathing. I had touched her last night. They were soft and perfectly curved and... I looked more closely, moving so that my head was over her body. So, she had a tattoo! Just under the fold of her right bosom were the phases of the moon, in a curved twine. I traced my finger along the line and then dragged it lower.

In a snap I had somehow relocated myself on her, sitting on Al with my knees on either side. I kissed her cleavage, and made my way to her breasts, going lower, down her torso. I violently shoved the sheets at her stomach aside and kissed her fiercely, my mouth working in its own way. I felt her hands slide in my hair, grabbing them in fists and that only encouraged me. I kissed her below her belly button, I kissed her thighs. My nose traced the warm inside of her legs as my hands griped her sides for support or out of lust. "Paul." She moaned. I placed a kiss or two on her snatch before making my way back up, my fingers roaming over her exposed body with pressure. I reached her neck and she wrapped her legs around my waist, her fingers digging into my back. I sighed, letting my weight fall on her. "Paul." She whispered again. I pulled back and looked into her eyes. She grabbed my face and rubbed her thumb under my eye, the ghost of a smile playing on her lips. "I love you." Her hands left my face and moved over my torso, from the top to the very bottom

I took her hand and brushed my lips against the inside of her palm, my eyes still lost in hers. "I love you." I kissed her wrist. "I swear to protect you." I kissed her forearm, our gazes locked. "I belong to you and only you, even..." A kiss on her bicep. "...after my heart stops beating." A kiss on her breast, our eyes never leaving each other. I pulled back and held her marvelous face in my hands "I'll love you until the spirit of my very soul exists, in different lifetimes, in different universes, I will find my way to you." She took a wavering breath. "I am yours and nothing can keep me from this oath."