Questions

"You tell me" i said with excitement. We reached the pick up and he opened the passenger door for me and closed it when i was safely inside. What a gentleman. We drove in silence as i looked outside the window at the perfectly lined houses and the thick trees. "Do you want to roll the windows down?" Paul asked and i agreed. The wind was now ruffling my hair and the slight drizzling made contact with my skin. He showed me the beach and the forest. "Is there a grocery store near by?" i asked and he responded. "Yeah its about five minutes from here, do you need anything?" "I wanted some chips and coke so..." I said hesitantly. "Okay, lets go!" He smiled at me as the truck picked up speed.

We got to the grocery store and it was mostly empty. An old woman was carrying two heavy bags to her car and before i could reach out to help her, Paul rushed forward and took the bags from her. "I'll see you inside" I called after him. He nodded his head and smiled in return. I went inside, grabbed my food and stood in line to pay for it when Paul came inside and stood behind me. "Done already?" he asked "Yeah i did not need much" I held up the coke and chips. I got to the counter, placed my stuff on it and reached in my back pocket for some cash. Suddenly i felt a warm hand on mine and his voice in my ear, "I got it" Paul said. "No." I replied almost immediately. "You are already doing so much. Plus, i owe you tons and tons for saving my life, so no 'I got it'." I said firmly. "Okay, fair. But i will get it next time." My face lit up and i guess the joy could not go unnoticed when i asked "There is gonna be a next time?" "Of course" he replied smoothly. "Um.. Miss?" I turned to the bored cashier and apologised, payed and walked back to the truck, Paul a small step behind me.

He opened the door for me again and i got inside, grinning like an idiot. We drove for a few minutes in silence and then he asked me "Are you hungry, i know a great place that serves good pizza." "Yeah, that would be great, i am tired of eating motel food." He chuckled in amusement. We reached a vacant diner sort of place, nothing fancy. We walked in and the waitress gave us a cozy booth. "Let me know what you'll get." She said politely, handing us menus. We ordered a vegetarian pizza cause i was vegetarian and 2 iced teas. We were waiting for our food when Paul asks me "So, tell me Alexandra" he paused "How often do you jump from cliffs in the middle of the night?"