Love

Paul's Point Of View

She had got to be joking. Did she really want me to stay for the night? My heart was racing and my mind was thinking things that it should not be. It was too early. I shouldn't stay here. I want to stay here. "What?" I asked. "Don't go. Stay here, with me." She said tiredly. I was pretty sure she was already half-asleep. Then she scooted back on the bed and patted the now empty space. I gave in. I climbed on the bed and lay flat and still on my back. I was never nervous when i was spending the night with other girls. Maybe because none of them were this special, not my imprint. She moved closer to me and rested her head on my chest and her left leg on my stomach while pulling the blanket over the both of us. She inhaled deeply, signalling that she would be asleep any moment. But instead she slowly sat up and pulled Rick's sweatshirt over her head, revealing a very lose, thin black satin top. It hung low on her chest, a few inches down her collarbone but it hung even lower on her back. She threw the sweatshirt on the floor and repositioned herself on top of me. Her breathing slowed as i put my arms around her waist, clutching her to me.

I wanted to tell her. To tell her everything. I wanted her to say it back. Wanted her to feel the same way. I wanted to know how it would feel like when i told her. It was like falling from the sky when i took the biggest risk of my life. "I love you." I knew she wouldn't hear me while being asleep, my heart raced, nevertheless. "I love you." She whispered back. I wanted to cry. I wanted to scream, to tell the world she was mine, but more importantly, to tell her.

Somewhere in the night, i had taken off my shirt and now her hardly covered back was pressed against my chest. My one arm was under her neck and the other was lightly placed low on her stomach. I planted a gentle kiss behind her ear and said "Good Morning." The bare windows were letting the light in, the sun still a bit shy. She stirred and groaned while flipping around and burrying her face in my chest. "Good Morning babe." She told me back and I pulled her closer, trailing my fingers up and down, from her neck to her hips. Her own hands roamed over my stomach and back. "What's the time?" She asked. "It's 8:10 am." I told her. I didn't want to move. I didn't want her to move. Unfortunately, she sat up and got out of the bed. Then she tied her hair up and came over to my side and kissed my forehead. I was slowly melting. Her hand was on my face and she trailed it down the length of my arm before going to the bathroom.

I smiled to myself and closed my eyes, pulling her blanket closer.