Accent

Lunch was good. Very soon i was a comfortable part of the conversation as they all light-heartedly mocked and teased each other. After lunch we watched a movie and during the movie Seth and i got in a conversation about candy. Then he asks "What's with your accent, Lexi?" Once again Seth was being weird. "What do you mean?" I asked really self-consciously. "I mean its not American or British or anything. Its a mix of different stuff. I don't get it." He told me. "Hey Seth. Stop it man, stop making her uncomfortable." Paul told Seth and i smiled.

"Nah it's alright. Maybe its because i moved around a lot when i was a child." "Really?" Jared joined in "Where all did you live?" He asked. Now that i thought of it, I really had moved around a lot. "I was born in Amsterdam and i stayed there till i was three and then we moved to France and then the US. Back to France and now in the US." i looked at them and Seth was the picture of confusion. "Why?" Came out of his mouth. He was so confused, it was funny.

Paul had covered his eyes with his hand and Jared was smiling. I let out a laugh before answering. "I don't know why we were in Amsterdam but we moved to France because my mom was french and she wanted to live there before she....." My voice faltered. I remember when I had overheard the doctors telling my Dad my mom had 4 years at best. "....Died. And then my dad and i moved here. Later my grandma and I moved back to France and now i am here with my adoptive parents. Sorry, Its pretty messed up." I apologised. "Im so sorry for your parents." Jared said. "Yeah, really sorry." Added Seth. I smiled at them and said "No, it's okay, It was a long time ago anyway." i said.

"So you are half French" Said Seth and i nodded my head "And you have an american slash French accent." said Jared. "Thats kinda cool." Seth spoke. I shrugged and smiled. Then Sam came into the room and said "Guys" and Seth and Paul got up. "Embry!" Sam said a little louder because Embry was so hooked to the T.V. "I have to go." Paul said "Do you want me to drop you back to the motel or do you wanna hang around with Emily?" in a low voice that made my heart beat faster. Paul was seriously doing something to me. I never ever liked a guy this much. "I think i am gonna go home" I told Paul and he nodded. "Give me a second" I went to see Emily in the kitchen and thanked her, then i said bye to Sam. Quil, Leah and Jake were nowhere to be seen. Maybe they had left earlier.

It was early evening and it was cold. I wrapped my arms around myself and wished i had gotten a jacket to wear over this top. "You cold?" Paul asked. "A little bit but i am gonna be home soon so its alright." He started taking of his black jacket and came up behind me. "Are you not going to be cold?" i asked. He chuckled while helping me into his jacket. "Nope" he said and i turned to face him. Then he zipped me up and looked me over. I couldn't control my blush.