Decision

"It was a great pleasure doing business with you, Mr. James"

"Please call me Will, short for William. And the pleasure is all mine"

"Okay. I hope to see you again, William."

"And i you." He smiled politely at me and closed the door of my car.

I had been driving for a few minutes when Richard called. We were supposed to be in the same car, but i got a little late coming back from Emily's so I took the mercedes while they were in Rick's audi. " let's celebrate! " his voice boomed from the speakers of the car. "Absolutely." I agreed. "We should go to the restaurant thats around the corner." Mandy suggested."You drive. I follow." i said.

While driving back to the motel i thought i saw Paul, the handsome lifesaver, and i jerked the car to a sudden stop only to find out it was some other boy who looked kind of like him. Black hair,muscular,tan skin. I continued driving, thinking why did everyone look so damn alike? Why was i suddenly feeling so sad? Why did i feel as if i belonged her? i was having a good day, made a great deal. Mr.James son, William, likes me which in return made me feel better about the deal, so why was i feeling so hollow? I knew what i had to do. I thought about it a lot during dinner.

"I want to stay here!" i instantly regretted not getting to the point slowly. Rick paused the T.V and looked at me, confusion clouding his face. Mandy's face was unreadable. None of them spoke, an uncomfortable silence settling over us. Emily's last words to me rang loud and clear in my brain. " I am a responsible 18 year old, in a few months i will be 19 and i can take care of myself. i feel happy and free in this town and i love the rain, the clouds, the green. I really wanna stay here. I have friends and if i stay here then I can keep an eye on the rain-water harvesting plants as well." i said and they still were dead silent. Was it the friends part they did not believe? Emily was my friend, right? I am a good business woman and i am a good salesman so i was surely going to sell this to them. I could do this. No sweat. Lets go.

"Okay" Mandy agreed in the softest voice ever. " I mean yeah, this can work. Rick and i were talking about how you got wrapped up in this adult business stuff at the age of only 16. You work really hard, all day everyday just to make so many deals work, so yes, you can stay here." Rick just nodded with a small smile on his face. I did not know wether to cry, laugh or hug them to deaths. I never thought they would actually understand my messed up feelings and thoughts. I thanked God for everything. I would get to see Paul again. Paul. He makes me feel so good about myself, I feel so beautiful and loved. He makes me feel special. I hope he remembers i exist. Just one look from him makes me blush more in an instant than i have my whole life. I was absolutely sure about the fact that i really, really liked him.