Courage

I had been walking on the roads of LaPush, regretting not taking the car. As i continued forward i noticed the ocean far below and i giggled because i was not any closer to the beach but rather high above on the edge of the cliffs. As i looked at the vast ocean i began to think of my grandmother and how she had raised and supported me after the death of my father. After losing both my parents i shut myself from others without knowing i was doing it, i became unconfident and scared that i would lose more than i already had. Catherine Hemsworth, my grandma would look me in the eye and say "Never fear a thing, love. You have the courage to do it all." My grandma was a wise,independent woman and never said a word without thinking.

I did not realise that i had started shrugging of my cardigan. I had no idea what i was planning to do. I shook my shoes off and inhaled. "Never fear a thing, love. You have the courage to do it all.". I jumped.

The water was cold and it stung a little as i made contact but when i was completely submerged within the cold felt comforting. I had very little knowledge about what to do in vast water bodies so i did the obvious thing, i pushed upwards to draw a breath. i came up only to be engulfed in another violent wave. I was going to panic just like the current of the water. What about Mandy and Rick? What about Hemsworth Industries, the most important and major thing that i had left of my dad. As soon as i thought of my dad, i relaxed. I stopped struggling against the water. I wanted to know what it was like when my mother released her last breath. Wanted to know what my father felt when he was finally at peace. To know how my grandma felt when her heart stopped. This was my chance to almost feel what they felt. I did not want to die but to just know what is feels like. The violence of the water strangely made me feel at peace. I took a deep breath, but that was extremely foolish, considering i was engulfed in water.

Then i felt that new comfortable warmth. The heat caged me protectively within it and i felt safe, more safe than i felt since i was seven when my mom died. I felt trust and love. I wanted to feel like that for the rest of my life. I was secure.

The warmth was the last thing i felt before i went unconscious.