Angels

I was feeling cold. I was feeling hot. And I think I needed to puke again.

I was so drunk. After seeing Paul with Estelle, I drowned a couple shots, glared at Valentin for trying to offer me more, and then asked Paul to dance. I didn't technically ask; I just went to him and sort of shoved my tongue down his throat. He didn't seem to mind. And then we just swayed to the music, my hands exploring his body.

And now, probably two hours later, all my friends were gone, except for a few who were so wasted, their car drivers had to come and set them in their cars. Valentin had also invited some of his college mates, and like him, they really knew how to party.

I was bent over the powder room toilet, vomiting my intestines out, Valentin was holding back my hair, attempting to loosen my dress so I feel more comfortable, and trying not to gag at the same time. Paul probably drank more than me, but his wolfy body could stomach the alcohol. I think 'mildly drunk' was a suitable way to describe Paul's state. He was currently attending a call from his father.

"Let's get you cleaned up now." Valentin murmured as he lifted me up in his arms and carried me to my bedroom. I pressed my face in his chest and breathed in his scent. He always smelled like ink and old books. I felt my head rock against his front when he climbed up the stairs. I grabbed onto his bicep to steady my head. He was stronger now, bigger and chiseled. The hard muscles of his torso and arms shifted beneath the silky fabric of his shirt as he moved. I looked up at him with a smile tugging on my lips.

He had brought me back from the precipice of darkness, when I was going to collapse in on myself. He made me laugh and he made me happy. He was a part of me, a part I loved so so much.

And I had forgotten how beautiful he was.

Green eyes sparkled brighter than the stars in the sky, when he caught me looking. His beautiful lips pulled back in a dazzling smile, a smile constructed for shattering dreams, or building them. Sharp cheekbones and the perfect hollow just beneath them. His Adams apple moved as he spoke. I always thought he had the worlds sexiest Adams apple. His dark hair glinted in the yellow light on the walls.

"What are you thinking?"

"How lucky I am to have you in my life."

"I am pretty incredible."

"You are so much more than that, Valentin. And I love you."

"So, I am an angel?" He chuckled, his chest vibrating as he set me down on the soft mattress of my bed, taking a seat next to me. He pushed back my hair and pressed a kiss to my forehead. "You're my whole world." I whispered, grabbing hold of the front of his shirt and pulling him down for a much-needed embrace. I let myself drown in it.

"I got your lovely shirt dirty." I thought out loud, while pulling back. There was cake on my face and neck, still waiting to be wiped off, and that cake was now on Val's collar. "Go put it in the wash, before it stains." I spoke.

"How do I know this wasn't just your master plan to get me naked?" He laughed and poked my stomach. I giggled uncontrollably. It wasn't even that funny. Or maybe it was. Or maybe it wasn't. Or maybe it was. How drunk was I?

"Because," I answered, trailing my finger down his jaw and neck. "I have already seen you naked multiple times on many occasions, and I am not tempted anymore." I pushed his chest.

"Oh really?" He laughed. He always had such a pleasant laugh. And I knew. I knew this is where I belonged, with Valentin, with Paul, in France. It was my home.

A knock at the door shook my thoughts. "Come in." I sang. Paul walked in. His dark hair were all tangled and the first three buttons of his shirt were undone. There were creases on his forehead "Are you okay?" He asked. I should have asked him that. "Yes. Are you okay?"

"Of course." He answered instantly. But I could tell he wasn't.