Explore

I reached the motel to see Mandy and Rick all packed and ready to go back. There was something in my eyes, I guess it was tears. Now that they were actually leaving and i was going to be all alone, i thought i should jump ship. "Aw, honey. We're only going to be a few hours away" Mandy said and Rick added "This isn't permanent yet, baby." I say " yeah, i know." i wiped my eyes and started to carry a suitcase outside and they followed. We reached the car and i put the suitcase in the trunk of the black audi. i turned to face my parents, eyes red, and stood there silently. Mandy opened her arms and i rushed into her embrace, a few seconds later Rick joined and said "You can always come back, we are just trying something new" we broke apart from the hug and they got in the car. "Don't crash the car." Rick said "I'll try" I waved them goodbye and walked back to my motel room in a daze.

I flopped down on the bed and went over the game plan -- (i) I would keep the mercedes and stay in the motel for a week or so. (ii) I would look over the Rain water harvesting plants and make sure nothing goes wrong (iii) If i am sure i can live without Mandy and Rick then we would rent, maybe buy a house here in La push. I fell asleep thinking about this.

I woke up on the empty bed at half past five in the evening, ordered some food and decided to go for a drive. I reached my ride only to find out that it won't start. I tried to make it move but it didn't. I attempted to jump start the engine but it didn't budge. "Can I help you" Said a young deep voice. I looked up to see Seth, the boy i met earlier today. "I guess, i mean the car wont start so...." i told him. "I have a friend who is really into cars, maybe he can help?" I did not know what to do so i smiled and said "Sure"

Seth's friend was another tan muscular looking dude named Jacob Black. "Hey, Seth said 'Alexandra' needed help." He said when he reached the car in a few minutes. "Uh yeah, it won't start." i replied. "No problem, i live super close bye so i guess we can push the car into my self made workshop" I raised my eyebrows and said "Cool." "His 'self made workshop is just a worn shed" Seth told me and a giggle escaped my mouth. I looked to Jacob who was glaring playfully at Seth. Seth went forward and helped Jacob push the car. My jaw dropped to ground. How could two guys push a 1000 kg vehicle? It was impossible. They pushed the car with ease down the main road.

Jacob did not live super close by. Those guys pushed the car for 10 minutes straight and still were not tired when we reached his workshop. I sat on a ledge in the corner while Jacob inspected the car, Seth assisting him. Suddenly a deep husky spoke and i turned my head to the sudden sound "Jake, Sam told me to tell you that you have..." He stopped as soon as he saw me and smiled a perfect smile "Hey, Al" "Hey Paul." I responded, my voice a soft whisper, so much weaker than his yet equally happy. "What are you doing here? He curiously asked "Since i am here for a while, i thought i should explore LaPush, but my car wouldn't start so Seth and Jacob miraculously pushed it all the way here." I told him. "Oh!" Was all he said in return. We were looking at each other with interest when Jacob said "Your battery is dead, I need to keep the engine running for half an hour to know what to do next. You may be good or you'll need a new battery." "Okay." I said sadly, this car was my baby and i wanted it to be fine. Also, i would have to waste my evening watching the dumb television in my room, it has very limited channels.

"If you don't mind, I could help you explore LaPush. Let me be your personal guide, I'll drive us around in my truck" Paul offered and there was no way i would decline so i say "Yes! That would be great!" I thanked Jacob and Seth and began walking to the Pick-up, Paul close and beside me. I gazed him when he said "So... where do you wanna go?"