Cisco and Iris - Patching You Up

*Trigger Warning - Blood*

*BEEEEP BEEEEEP*

Iris's hands flew to her ears as the alarms in the cortex simultaneously started blaring. She jumped to her feet and immediately rushed over to the monitors to find the cause.

"Robbery in progress," she said into the intercoms. "Reports of a meta attack on Fourth and Main, dark matter detected." She paused for a moment, waiting for a response that never came. "Guys?"

"LOOK ALIVE, KIDS," Cisco said, strolling into the room. "TEAM FLASH IS- wait where is everyone?"

"Well Barry is in Star City on some bro-cation with Oliver," said Iris. "And my dad and Cecile are visiting Wally. But the others should be here, right?"

"Oh... yeah, about that..." said Cisco. "Harry is with Jesse on Earth 2, Caitlin is at some medical conference, Ralph is in Coast City, and- hey why didn't I get invited to this bro-cation?"

"So you're telling me no one is here?" Iris said with alarm.

"Not no one. We got this, West." Cisco grabbed his Vibe goggles and opened a breach. "Just talk me through it," he called before jumping through. Iris shook her head, this couldn't end well.

"Okay, Cisco," she said over comms. "What do you see?"

"Uhhh, guns. Some very big guns," he called out, his voice practically drowned out by the gunfire. "This is definitely a meta, but whatever energy he's generating is being focused by that gun. Iris, I don't know if I can do this alone."

"Just get the gun," Iris said, reaching for an interdimensional extrapolator. "I'll handle the rest."

Everything else after that moment was practically a blur. Cisco managed to lure the man close enough that the next time he raised his gun, he was able to engulf it in a breach, shattering it in his hand. As soon as the weapon was destroyed, Iris jumped through a breach of her own and appeared in front of the meta. As he lunged towards Iris, she managed to snap the cuffs around his wrist, but not before the shard he still held plunged deep into her side. Iris let out a yelp as she stumbled backwards, the piece of metal still protruding from her body. Fortunately Cisco caught her and guided them both back through a breach and into Star Labs while police surrounded the meta.

"Frack," muttered Cisco, still clinging to Iris.

"You don't say," she groaned.

"Okay come on." He guided her over to the med bay and lifted her onto the bed, careful not to move the metal. As soon as Iris was settled, Cisco began frantically jabbing at his phone, pacing around the room as if he was the speedster.

"What are you doing?" Iris asked.

"Getting help, except Caitlin's not answering and neither is Barry."

"It's okay," she said reassuringly. "We can figure this out."

"We...." Panic washed over his face. "Okay, yeah. Sure... how do we do that?"

"First we need to remove the shard," Iris winced. "It's simple."

"Simple," Cisco scoffed. "Do I look like Dr. Snow M.D to you?!"

"No, but you're a scientist. This is science."

"Okay remind me later to teach you the difference between cold fusion and surgery." Cisco moved Iris's shirt out of the way, grabbed a pair of forceps and grasped the end of the shard. "You sure about this?"

"I trust you," she said with a nod.

Cisco gradually lifted the shard, eliciting another yelp from Iris. As the other end of the metal became visible, blood began streaming out of the wound. "Frack," he whispered.

"It's okay," Iris muttered, her eyes still clenched shut. "It's just science, you can do it."

"Iris, no," he said, the fear in his voice rising. "No I can't."

"Yes you... you...." Cisco panicked as he saw her head drop to the side. She had passed out, this was bad.

The monitors began blaring as her vitals spiked. A sudden wave of adrenaline passed over him, and in one swift motion he pulled out the shard and dropped it on the table at his side. As blood continued to seep out, Cisco realized he was the only one that could save her. Iris needed him.

Cisco had always tuned out whenever Caitlin started droning on about medical concepts, but suddenly all of that information started coming back to him. "Thank you, Cait," he said out loud, suddenly remembering what to do. His hands began moving on autopilot, grabbing a suture kit and unpacking it as if it were something he'd done hundreds of times. He threaded the needle with the precision of a surgeon and began weaving it in and out in smooth, quick movements. He continued like this all the way across the wound until the bleeding had finally stopped.

When Iris finally woke up, the first thing she noticed was the itchy, white bandage, smoothed over her side, the blood soaked sheets replaced with clean ones. She slowly became aware of her surroundings, spotting the needle secured in her arm with an IV slowly dripping fluids into her body. She raised her eyes to see Cisco slumped over in the corner, looking as if he had just run a marathon.

"Cisco?" She whispered, jolting him awake.

"Hey," he smiled. "You're awake."

"What happened?" She attempted to sit up, immediately flinching in pain and easing back down. "Mm, right."

"You passed out," he explained. "But I handled it. You're going to be fine."

"Damn," Iris said with a laugh. "You really did that."

"Well I wasn't about to let you die," he replied. "Besides, it's my fault you got hurt in the first place. I should have been able to handle that guy myself." Cisco turned away as if looking at Iris just brought him more shame.

"Hey," she said sternly. "You do not have to do anything by yourself. We're called Team Flash for a reason. We're a team. Got it?"

Cisco sighed, knowing he would never win an argument against Iris. "You're right," he answered.

"Good, don't go turning into Barry on me now." She did make a good point. "Now how about we find some food, getting stabbed really works up an appetite."

Cisco grinned, now this was something he could handle. "I know where Caitlin hides the pizza pockets," he said slyly, turning towards the door.

"Hey," Iris said, stopping him before he could leave. "Thank you. You saved my life today, Cisco."

Cisco blushed. "Any time, West," he replied before speeding off down the hall.

Flash is back on tonight and I am a happy girl :) Let me know what you thought of the episode if you've seen it!