Oliver - Babysitting Nora

"Oh good, you're home!" Felicity squealed as Oliver stepped through the front door. She was currently scampering around the loft collecting items into a large box and tidying up the apartment.

"Um, whatcha doin?" Oliver asked cautiously.

"Childproofing!" she called over her shoulder as she continued on her rampage.

"Why, is Tommy coming over?" Oliver laughed.

"No silly, Nora is!"

"Oh I didn't know Barry and Iris were visiting." Oliver grinned at the thought of seeing Barry again.

"They're not," Felicity explained. "Barry's here for some police conference and they needed someone to watch Nora for the evening."

"And... you volunteered us," Oliver stuttered, not sure how to respond to this information.

"Well yeah, why not?

Oliver hesitated. How exactly was he supposed to tell his wife that her crime fighting, vigilante husband could take on an army of blood-thirsty Mirakuru soldiers, but got scared at the thought of being responsible for a child? Of course he had nothing against kids, it was just foreign territory for him, something he didn't understand. And Oliver hated things he didn't understand.

"Sure," he finally said. "Why not?"

"Good because they're going to be here any minute!"

"Okay, um, well then I guess I should tell you-" Oliver was cut off by a brief knock and then the door swung open. Before he could even turn around, he felt a quick gust of wind along with a flash of lightning. Oliver looked down in confusion only to discover that his pants were now piled around his ankles. "Barry!" he yelled, struggling to pull them back on before anyone saw.

"Greetings, my dear friend!" Barry said with a grin as he strutted through the door.

"Barry," Oliver groaned "I swear one of these days I'm going to- mmpphf" His words faltered as Felicity clamped her hand over his mouth, just seconds before Iris walked in with Nora's tiny hand clinging to hers.

"Hey guys!" Iris chimed. Felicity scampered towards her and the two came in for a hug, Nora sandwiched between them. "Nora don't be shy, say hello!"

"Hi Aunt Felicity," Nora said quietly, sliding out from between them and shuffling towards Barry.

"It's okay Peanut," Barry laughed. "There's no reason to be nervous. How about you go sit on the couch." After Nora was out of earshot, the adults finished their hellos and gathered together.

"Sorry about that," said Iris. "She's still working on her social skills."

"Yeah I wonder where she gets that from," Felicity giggled, elbowing Barry in the ribs. "Iris, don't worry, I'm sure it will get better."

"I don't know, she's just so clingy," Iris continued. "Lately she's shy around pretty much anyone that isn't the two of us. I just want her to have some more confidence in herself."

"Babe," Barry wrapped his arm around Iris. "No more worrying, let's just enjoy tonight."

"Mmm yes, because what's more exciting than a forensic science convention," Iris said playfully.

"You guys go have fun," said Felicity. "Oliver and I got this, right hon?"

"Oh uh... yeah definitely," Oliver stammered.

"Thanks guys," said Barry. "Bye Nora!" Once they had made their way out the door, Felicity and Oliver turned back to face Nora, who was sitting quietly on the couch with her little feet barely touching the floor.