Barry and Kara - Are you Drunk?

"Barry Allen, you have outdone yourself," Iris laughed.

"Well I try," Barry replied. Iris had come down with the flu that was going around at CCPD and had been in bed for days. Tonight she finally felt a little bit better, so Barry had surprised her with waffles in bed for dinner. Authentic Belgian waffles topped with whipped cream, fresh berries, and real maple syrup, to be exact.

"Seriously this looks amazing."

"Sped to you straight from Belgium, Quebec, and Mexico," he added, flopping on the bed beside her.

"Oh my god, you have never been sexier," Iris mumbled through a bite of waffle.

"I'm just happy you're feeling better. I was thinking we could watch a movie?"

"Ooh, murder documentary," Iris said, pointing her fork in Barry's direction.

"Seriously?" He laughed. "Do our day and night jobs not include enough homicide for you?"

"Those are metahumans, aliens, magic etcetera etcetera," Iris argued. "This is just good old fashioned murder."

"Refreshing," Barry grimaced. "But alright. Which one did you have in-" He was cut off by a beeping sound coming from his pocket.

"An interdimensional call?" said Iris. "That's never good."

"Yeah," Barry nodded, before pressing a button. "Hello?"

"HIIIIIIIIIII BARRY," a voice drawled.

"Kara?" Barry raised an eyebrow.

"YEAHHHH," she giggled. "I JUST MISS YOUUU SO MUUUCH."

"Kara..." Barry laughed, clicking the phone over to the speaker. "Are you drunk?" There was a pause.

"Maaaaaybe," she answered.

"I thought she couldn't get drunk?" said Iris.

"IRISSS HEYYY."

"Hi, love," she giggled. "Whatcha been drinking?"

"Aldebarrrran Rum, it's alien alcohol" Well that made more sense.

"Is someone there with you?" Barry asked.

"Nooooo Maggie had to go hooooome but I wanted to stay and finish my drrrink. WAIT HOLD ON I LOVE THIS SONG I'VE GOTTA GO."

"Kara wait-" Barry began, just as the line went dead. He looked up at Iris.

"Go take care of her," she laughed. "There's no way in hell she's flying home."

"I'll be back soon," he smiled. "And then we can watch all the homicide you want." Barry kissed his wife on the cheek before speeding out the door.

After a couple failed attempts, he finally made it to Earth 38 and tracked Kara down at a dive bar in National City. He stepped through the door and was met with aliens of all shapes and sizes, both customers and employees.

"Aren't you handsome?" squeaked a woman with fangs waiting tables nearby. Barry smiled politely and made his way across the room, where he saw a blonde mop of hair face down, fast asleep on the table. Apparently he wasn't the only one. A large, burly man with four arms was also strutting towards Kara, a devious grin on his face. The man tried to sit down beside her, but Barry managed to super speed into the seat before he even had a chance.

"Can I help you?" Barry asked innocently, catching the man off guard.

"This your girlfriend?" He grumbled.

"Uh yeah," Barry lied. The man, however, was convinced and walked away with a huff. Barry turned his attention back to Kara, who was starting to snore. "Hey," he whispered, lightly shaking Kara awake. Her eyes fluttered open and lit up upon seeing Barry.

"Barry!" She exclaimed, leaning over to give him a hug. The sudden movement, however, sent her into a wave of dizziness. "Oof," she groaned, raising a hand up to the side of her head.

"Yeah I thought you could use some help," Barry laughed.

"My superhero," Kara grimaced.

"Come on, let's get you out of here," he said, standing up and offering out his hand. Kara let him pull her up to her feet and together they shuffled towards the door.

"I don't know how much super speed I can handle right now," said Kara.

"Don't worry, I brought a back up plan," Barry smiled, pulling out his interdimensional extrapolator. Once they were out of sight he pointed the device at the sky and opened up a glowing blue breach. "You can come join me and Iris for movie night and sleep this off."

"Oooh sounds fun," she slurred.

"You know how sad it is to drink alone right?" Barry joked as they stepped through the breach.

"Oh hush." 

Short story but a cute concept I thought of :)  SuperFlash will forever have my heart <3