Nia - Drunk Karaoke

"Guys, seriously I'm fine. I have work to do so there's no point in trying to convince me."

It was karaoke night at Al's bar, a popular tradition among the super friends, and somehow Nia had never been. Kara, Alex, Winn, Mon El, and even J'onn had been pestering her all day, to no avail.

"Nia." Alex interrupted. "If you come with us, Winn will sing whatever song you want him to."

"Hey, I didn't agree to that," Winn argued, quickly realizing that any argument against Alex would be futile. "Okay, fine," he sighed, turning to Nia, "You coming or what?"

Nia looked around hesitantly.. any song she wanted? "Okay fine," she said, throwing her hands up in the air. "But just for a little bit. And I'm not drinking." The group cheered as they ushered her out the door.

No more than 30 seconds after entering the bar, the whole group was in line to sign up to sing. After ordering their drinks, they all took their seats at a large round table directly below the stage.

"Come on, Nia. Club Soda?" Kara teased, "Even I'm having something stronger than that. It's a Friday night afterall.

"Nia. Nia. Nia. Nia," the group began quietly chanting.

"Oh, fine." she relented. "Mon El, surprise me."

"Whatever you say, m'lady," he said with a bow.

The karaoke started not long after. Kara sang a rousing rendition of "I Want to Dance with Somebody," followed by Alex with "I Kissed a Girl," (she thought she was hilarious for that one). Then came Mon El with "I Want it that Way," and J'onn with the ever so iconic karaoke song "Tequila." At this point, Nia was sufficiently drunk and having the time of her life.

"All right Dreamer," Winn said, "What am I doing?"

Nia smiled and stood clumsily. "Come on, you'll see," she said with a wink. Winn climbed up to the stage while Nia passed her request on to the DJ. Winn waited anxiously, microphone in hand, for the mystery song to start. His smile widened as the first few notes rang out, before starting to sing.

"Toniiiight," he began. "I'm gonna have myseeelf a good time. I feel aliiiiiive."

Kara turned to Nia. "I didn't know how much I needed this in my life until now," she said, laughing hysterically. The crowd clapped along as Winn sang, while Nia poured herself another drink.

"I"M A SHOOTING STAR LEAPING THROUGH THE SKYYYY LIKE A TIGER," Winn belted. He was drunk enough that he was now clumsily sashaying around the stage, but still able to stay on his feet. "DON'T. STOP ME NOOOOW."

"TAKE YOUR SHIRT OFF," Alex cheered, stealing Winn's signature line. Drunk or not, this was the best thing Nia had ever experienced.

"I don't want to stop at allllllllll," he crooned, finishing the song and dropping the mic. Nia clumsily stood up to cheer when the room began to spin. She felt herself falling for what felt like forever before being scooped up by a large bear. Wait, it wasn't a bear. It was. It was. J'onn, it was J'onn, she thought to herself.

"Let's get her out of here, it's been a long night." Kara said to the others, swinging Nia's arm over her shoulder and leading her out of the bar. They got her inside the car and started driving back to the DEO.

"Guys, I'm fine. Really." Nia argued. "Just let me out, I can fly home myself."

"Uh, Nia," Winn said gently, "You can't fly, only Kara and J'onn can. You're an oneiromancer"

"Oh, yeah," she giggled. "I forgot."

"You can astral project though, that's fun right?" he said gently.

"You mean this?" she asked, blue energy erupting from her hand and shoving Winn against the car window.

"Oww," he moaned, holding his head. "Nia, it's not nice to shoot people."

"Whoops," she laughed.

The group eventually made it back to the DEO, Kara and Alex leaving with Nia to take her back to Kara's place.

"Did you know that I met Supergirl once?" Nia slurred as Alex laid her down on the couch.

"Really? Is she nice?" Alex replied with a laugh, setting a few ibuprofens and a glass of water on the table.

"Yeah. She's the best," she sighed, turning to face Kara. "You sort of look like her, your face is a lot blurrier though."

Kara couldn't help bursting out laughing. "Yeah, I've been told that before," she said. "Goodnight Nia."

"Goodnight guys, thanks for taking me to karaoke," she giggled, snuggling down under the blanket and drifting to sleep.

"Well," Kara said, turning to Alex. "We got her to go out with us."

"Yeah, we sure did," Alex replied with a laugh.

Based on a request :) I know I blurred the timelines a little, but the recent interactions between Nia and Winn from the future made me so happy, I needed more of those.